Full-Time Partnerships Director
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We’re excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
The Partnerships Team is responsible for building relationships between ActBlue and our counterparts in the Democratic and progressive movement. The team connects with external organizations doing mission-based work and helps to amplify their impact by offering financial sponsorships and linking them with ActBlue’s fundraising expertise and training resources.
Since 2017, the Partnerships Team has contributed millions of dollars in funding, materials, and staff time to help over 100 other organizations train first-time candidates, new organizers, and burgeoning tech entrepreneurs in grassroots fundraising.
We are poised to expand our reach during this crucial 2020 election cycle, and we are looking for a Director to lead and grow the Partnerships Team staff, help us develop a strategy to best support the work of emerging voices across the movement, and promote ActBlue’s mission and values through strategic partnerships.
– Translating the team budget into an actionable, measurable plan that will expand ActBlue’s relationships across the movement, reinforce ActBlue’s mission-based objectives, and form appropriate associations with ActBlue’s brand.
– Managing and developing the current Partnerships Team staff.
Assessing staffing needs, creating team structure, and recruiting potential new hires.
– Building high-level relationships with counterparts at other Democratic organizations, progressive groups, and nonprofits.
– Representing ActBlue at events, conferences, and trainings. Monthly travel is required.
– Working in collaboration with colleagues across ActBlue to connect external partners with the right resources on the ActBlue team and facilitate productive communication among stakeholders.
– Strong strategic planning and goal-setting skills: The Partnerships Director will help us set aggressive goals for engagement, evaluate the success of our decisions, and keep the team on track with measurable goals.
– Experience in management and staff development: The Partnerships Director will inherit a distributed team of three and be responsible for managing the team to success and helping guide their professional growth and new skill acquisition.
– Your own relationships with organizations across the movement: The Partnerships Director should bring a strong knowledge of the organizations that populate the Democratic and progressive landscape, as well as their own network of connections across the movement.
– Masterful networking skills: The Partnerships Director will be ActBlue’s sole voice in rooms and conferences populated by both our peers and potential collaborators. The Director must be deft at building new relationships and maintaining strong ties with important Democratic and movement leaders.
– Collaboration and communication skills: The Partnerships Director must be a proactive communicator, a dedicated problem solver, and a strong facilitator to make sure that our partnerships run smoothly and complement the work of all of the other departments at ActBlue.
– Dedication to empowering underrepresented voices: A key part of the Partnerships Team’s work is seeking out opportunities to empower historically marginalized communities to play a stronger role in our political and civic life. The Partnerships Director will need strong cultural competency to forge relationships across an intersectional movement and be a champion of supporting marginalized communities.
– A drive to help others succeed: ActBlue builds infrastructure, and our work is frequently done behind the scenes to help other groups and users achieve success. The Partnerships Director will always put that mission at the forefront and determine how ActBlue can best be a supportive partner to organizations across the landscape.
– Sound judgement: We need to use ActBlue’s time, staff, and financial resources wisely and thoughtfully to support the impactful work of our partners. The Partnerships Director will have a history of making strong, autonomous decisions that advanced projects while also supporting a broader mission.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time salaried position. We would prefer that this position be located on site with us in Somerville, but we are open to the possibility of it being fully remote depending on candidates’ circumstances.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; and a flexible time off policy.
Salary range: $110K – $125K based on experience.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
How to ApplyApply via this link: https://grnh.se/f5a7bbc02
23 total views, 1 today