Part-Time Part Time Temporary Spanish Instructor
Clark College is currently seeking applicants for a part-time Spanish Instructor to teach beginning and intermediate Spanish courses. Lecture rate is $65.10/hour.
This part-time position is an ongoing recruitment in which applications are collected year-round. Positions will be filled as program needs arise.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning.
• Pursue professional development.
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
• Teaching beginning and intermediate Spanish courses.
• Master’s degree in Spanish or related field.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
• Experience teaching at the community college level.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Willingness to be a resource for both students and other faculty.
• Incorporation of teaching methods that reflect an awareness of multiple learning styles.
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college.
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team.
• Experience using a variety of teaching and assessment techniques – including the use of technology – that enhance student success.
• Ability and enthusiasm to use teaching methods that engage students and encourage them to be motivated self-learners.
• Knowledge and/or experience with curriculum and teaching strategies to meet the needs of diverse student populations.
• Interest in pursuing professional development opportunities as available.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
• Current résumé
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Condition of Employment:
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
• Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
April 16th, 2019
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
19 total views, 2 today