Part-Time Part-Time Temporary Bookstore Clerk
Clark College is currently accepting 7 applications for several part-time Bookstore Clerks, in the following departments: Cashier, Course Supplies, Textbooks and Receiving. Hours may vary between 0-40 hours per week depending on the quarterly fluctuations of the department for a maximum of 1050 hours per year not to exceed 69 hours a month. Hours vary Monday — Friday, between 6:30am and 6:30pm with the possibility of working beyond those hours for occasional evening and weekend shifts. Salary for this position is $12.00/hour.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Provide exemplary customer service to a diverse population: In person, over phone, via email
• Maintain cleanliness standards of department area and of store
• Assist supervisors with data entry, purchasing, record keeping, inventory, receiving, and other clerical support as directed
• Assist staff with department projects and activities
• Knowledgeable and informed regarding products and services offered by department and store
• Prepare and price merchandise for sale
• Clean, stock and rotate merchandise and displays
• Set-up and move merchandise displays and fixtures
• May perform other duties as new business opportunities arise
• High School graduate or equivalent, or enrolled seeking completion
• 16 years of age or older, with parental and school authorization consent to work
• Proficiency and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Proficiency and a working knowledge of internet navigation with varied search engines
• Reliable transportation to and from work
• Ability and willingness to learn new processes as it relates to duties
• 3 months customer service experience
• Bilingual: Spanish, Russian, ASL
• Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Ability to type 40 WPM (data entry)
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Flexibility and willingness to work a variety of hours to meet business needs
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to details
• Ability and willingness to bend/stoop/stand/sit for periods of 2 hours at a time for the length of the shift with or without accommodations
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without accommodations
• Ability to maintain the cleanliness and presentation standards of the business
• Ability to learn and operate the inventory management system as it relates to duties
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application (including answers to supplemental questions)
• Current résumé
To apply please visit: www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
November 15th 2019
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
November 4, 2019
How to ApplyTo apply please visit: www.clark.edu/jobs
24 total views, 1 today