Part-Time Part-time Mail Carrier Driver
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a temporary, part-time Mail Carrier to work approximately 12 – 15 hours a week. Shifts may vary from but are typically 12:30pm – 3:30pm Monday through Friday.
This position will perform afternoon campus mail run and mail processing, including package delivery. They may occasionally fill in on satellite campus’ delivery run. Mail delivery occurs Monday through Friday and the Mail Carrier Driver will need to be available 3 to 4 days a week with a flexible schedule.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Deliver, collect and sort mail and packages including bulk, insured, registered, certified, and regular mail.
- Use hand trucks, dollies, and mail carts in the transport of materials.
- Operate postage meters, addressing, folding and other mailing machines occasionally.
- Operate office equipment such as computers, copier machines, telephone, calculators, and data entry equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Exceptional customer service skills both in-person and on the phone.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and the Internet.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a diverse population.
- Ability work independently and as a team.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to lift materials and equipment weighing 50-80 lbs. using safe lifting techniques.
- Ability and willingness to work safely in a busy and semi-dangerous environment.
- Ability and willingness to follow all college, state, and U.S. Postal Service guidelines and regulations.
- Willingness to promote respect for the confidentiality, privacy, and sanctity of mail.
- Ability and willingness to obtain Forklift Operator Certification.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible in work hours if needed.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
SALARY RANGE: $15.75-$20.33/hour Step B-M Range: 30 Code 113I
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three (3) references listed
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or se***************@cl***.edu. The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, gg******@cl***.edu, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Clark College Human Resources
October 19, 2023
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
122 total views, 0 today