Part-Time Part-time Journalism Instructor
Clark College is currently seeking applicants for a part-time Journalism Instructor to teach introductory Journalism courses. This position is an ongoing recruitment to keep a fresh pool of candidates. Hours for this position are Tuesday and Thursday, 10:30am – 12:50pm. Lecture rate is $65.10/hour.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning
• Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department meetings
• Pursue professional development
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques
• Master’s degree in journalism, a news-related communication field, OR non-fiction writing AND two years of experience in a professional newsroom.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally and economically diverse backgrounds.
• Experience teaching at the community college level.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Willingness to be a resource for both students and other faculty.
• Incorporation of teaching methods that reflect an awareness of multiple learning styles.
• Experience using a variety of teaching and assessment techniques – including the use of technology and active learning strategies – that enhance student success.
• Understanding of the commitment to the mission of the community college.
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning.
• Willingness to participate in a variety of departmental campus activities.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team.
• Ability and enthusiasm to use teaching methods that engage students and encourage them to be motivated self-learners.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Current résumé
APPLICATION DEADLINE Open until filled.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
Condition of Employment:
• Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
• Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
November 7, 2019
How to Applywww.clark.edu/jobs
29 total views, 1 today