Part-Time Part-Time Human Resources Benefits and Front Office Consultant Assistant 1
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time hourly Human Resources Benefits and Front Office Consultant Assistant 1. This position’s main duties are to provide administrative support to the benefits team and support the front office coverage. Other duties may include, and are not limited to, provide overall office and administrative support, front desk coverage, filing and additional support in various capacities to the Human Resources department. Hours will typically not exceed 16 hours per week and the schedule will be three days per week.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Track benefits eligibility hours for part-time temporary hourly employees, including creating formal notifications about benefits eligibility for newly eligible and separating employees, responding to questions from employees and supervisors, working with employees and supervisors to explain benefits eligibility thresholds, monthly tracking best practices, reviewing enrollment benefits forms for accuracy, processing forms and data entry in local and state system as needed.
• Review of monthly, quarterly and annual hours reports to determine benefits eligibility for newly eligible, currently enrolled and separating employees ensuring compliance with state benefits regulations. Provide analysis on trends based on reports and maintain statistics.
• Prepare and facilitate trainings for supervisors regarding benefits eligibility thresholds following WA state regulations.
• Prepare supplemental plan calculation of SBRP benefits for eligible employees including notifications to the employee and the WA State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC).
• Create, file and maintain confidential and reasonable accommodation documentation following WA state record retention policies while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Provide office and administrative support to the benefits and Human Resources team. This may include covering the front office, intake, review and accurate process Human Resources forms, answer general questions from internal and external customers in person and on the Human Resources general phone line, file documents, provide great customer service and follow up with employees as needed, assist in preparation and maintenance of Human Resources forms and records, events, etc.
• Provides accurate and consistent service that meets or exceeds the needs of faculty, administrators, colleagues, and the college community.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Associate’s degree
• One year of human resources experience in a fast-paced and customer service oriented environment. Experience in higher education is preferred.
• Six months of previous customer service experience in a fast-paced environment or related working experience.
• Proficiency in MS Office with intermediate level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. PeopleSoft and/or comparable software experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated relationship-building skills in a diverse work environment.
• Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience completing projects in a timely manner and with foresight of the process ahead in order to prepare and solve challenges.
• Strong sense of confidentiality while providing guidance and support to employees and internal and external customers.
• Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team in a respectful, positive and constructive manner.
• Superior organizational and time management skills to prioritize workflow in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Ability and willingness to effectively manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
• Willingness and ability to be flexible in work hours if needed.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., February 26, 2020.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
February 13, 2020
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
205 total views, 1 today