Part-Time Part-time Geography Instructor – Continuous Pool
Are you passionate about Geography and teaching a new generation of geographers? Can you create and maintain a welcoming and supportive environment with students of diverse multicultural, socioeconomic and academic backgrounds? Are you eager to work collaboratively to find innovative ways to improve student success? If these questions resonate with you, then we invite you to consider joining our Geography team. We value collaboration and are dedicated to guiding students towards the achievement of their academic and career goals.
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Geography Instructor. Applicants must be willing to teach during the summer (in addition to other terms) and both online and in person. Lecture rate is $73.68 hourly and lab rate is $62.92.
This part-time position is an ongoing recruitment in which applications are collected year-round. Positions will be filled as program needs arise.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity and inclusion. We have not always gotten it right, but are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees. Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Darcy Rourk, Interim Vice President of Human Resources, 360-992-2119, dr****@cl***.edu, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 012, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
- Instruct all classes as an expert in the discipline using active learning approaches that both engage and facilitate student learning.
- Advise and assist students in their educational and career development.
- Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
- Pursue professional development to stay current in the field.
- Obtain and maintain Professional-Technical Certification requirements.
- Participate in program, curriculum development and assessment activities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, advisory committees, and other educational partners to create unique learning opportunities at Clark College.
- Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college committees.
- Understand and commit to the mission of Clark College.
- Work cooperatively in a variety of department-level activities and college or company-wide projects.
- Pursue professional development to enhance teaching and learning in the department and College.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s Degree or higher in Geography or a closely related science field (with significant graduate coursework in geography).
- Teaching experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College Online Application, including names of five references
- Cover letter describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Current résumé
- Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office.
- Responses to the following supplemental questions included in the online application:
- Please describe how you have implemented practices and/or participated in initiatives that promote racial and cultural equity.
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts. Please note that upon being hired, Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) require a Vocational Certification plan be in place prior to the first day of classes. Under the standard specified in WAC 131-16-070 through 131-16-094 Vocational Certification is a condition of continued employment for all professional technical education personnel.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or se***************@cl***.edu. The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
March 17, 2021
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
807 total views, 0 today