Sign-On Bonus $2,000 2nd shift
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your Packings Operations knowledge where you will support new product introductions and processes to increase efficiency and reduce waste? If so, this is the role for you.
As a Packaging Operator, you will be responsible for supporting the packaging area to operate packaging equipment at the GSK – Lincoln facility.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- PACKAGING OPERATIONS: In accordance with cGMP documents, standard work documents and other instructional materials: independently operate packaging equipment at various work stations; perform basic measures; weigh, process and inspect product/materials; maintain adequate material/supply levels; and monitor product variables and attributes throughout preparation to ensure designated parameters and quality attributes are met.
- EQUIPMENT CLEAN, CHANGE OVER and SET UP: Independently perform cleans, change overs and set ups of multiple pieces of equipment in support of effective operations in accordance with required timeframes and cGMP documents, standard work documents, and other instructional materials.
- EQUIPMENT TROUBLESHOOTING and REPAIRS: Perform basic equipment adjustments during production, at the direction of senior operators, which do not require intermediate or advanced mechanical or technical skills as to include, but not limited to, clearing jams, making adjustments, stopping and restarting machines, loading materials, etc…; escalate issues appropriately.
- AUTONOMOUS MAINTENANCE / PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT: Perform and/or assist as directed with autonomous maintenance activities as required by cGMP documents, standard work documents and other instructional materials; participate in procedure development, revision and documentation.
- MATERIALS & SUPPLIES: Continuously monitor staging areas and stock materials as needed to maintain production, quality and safety standards; use transporting equipment safely.
- RECORD KEEPING: Accurately maintain documentation related to equipment operations, cleanings, calibrations, adjustments and troubleshooting for GMP documents, equipment logs, cleaning logs, Tier 1 boards, and all other required records used to track equipment activity and status for activities performed. Performs all assigned ERP transactions for the work center.
- COACHING, TRAINING & INSTRUCTION: Escalate issues to management for resolution; and maintain training compliance in the Learning Management System.
- DEVELOPMENT: Own and actively participate with skill development driving to ability to independently operate and perform work in three distinct work centers as outlined in the Operators Career Path.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High school diploma or GED.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Prior experience with cGMP documentation.
- Experience with a lean organization or other prior exposure to lean concepts, tools and techniques.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instruction.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to create and follow detailed documentation.
- Basic computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, data entry.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.