Full-Time Operations Transformation Manager – 200000H9
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Memphis TN for an Operations Transformation Manager.
This role reports to the Plant Operations Leader and has responsibility for managing the day to day aspects of the Operations with very strong focus in change management, lean manufacturing, bottleneck management, Kaizen, 5S, VST. The individual will be responsible for maintaining productive working relationships with exempt and shop floor employees.
Roles and Responsibilities will include;
• Manages the project management activities for assigned functional areas.
• Coordinates, prioritizes, negotiates, and manages the execution of all assigned projects and contracts.
• Leads the analysis, project identification, budget, communication, and integration.
Collaborates with business management to identify short and long-term projects to be undertaken; performs feasibility needs analysis to determine project timelines; manages the analysis, project identification, design, budget, communication, and integration of project plans; approves business workflow and project design; assesses business needs, Project Manager capabilities and available project budgets.
• Assists Project Managers with project issue resolution.
• Monitors the status of all projects on the team; monitors the team’s budget; advises Project Managers on the design and development of project plans and timelines.
• Helps Project Managers assess project risk through use of quality tools; coaches Project Managers in alternatives, solutions, and change management approaches.
• Ensures that Project Managers leverage experience of cross-functional resources and resources external to the project team; reviews project documentation.
• Monitors project success measures and understands the status of specific projects and assignments.
• Manages the project managers; delegates project assignments based on availability, ability, and developmental needs; provides developmental feedback to team members; coaches other Project Managers in managing teams.
• Change Management – Applies the Cummins structured process and tool set for engaging individuals and organizations through change to achieve and sustain business results and outcomes.
• Project Management – Establishes and maintains the “Balanced Triangle” of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort (a “project”).
• Business insight – Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
• Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Financial acumen – Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
• Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Balances stakeholders – Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Directs work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
• Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Manages conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
• Builds effective teams – Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
• Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree required.
• Significant relevant experience, including supervisory experience, required.
• Requires the capability to lead the team through meaningful transformation projects as well as build robust processes around day to day operations of the plant.
• Lean Manufacturing experience is required.
• Experience working in a unionized environment is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: https://www.cumminstalentcommunity.com/profile/join/
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=874a1269a8aca6fd5a0b1547a9fc6d99
97 total views, 1 today