Full-Time Operations Director
Role: Operations Director
Reports To: LCRF Steering Committee
Location: Louisiana (remote)
About The Coalition
The Louisiana Coalition for Reproductive Freedom (LCRF) is a fiscally sponsored 501(c)3 statewide alliance of organizations and individuals who work together to ensure sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice for all people through advocacy and education, legal and policy change, and community organizing and movement-building.
Since 2014 our founding organizations have prioritized strengthening the coalition to build a unified policy strategy for advancing real and lasting change at the local and state level and providing leadership and commentary to influence federal policies.
Overview of the Role
The LCRF seeks a director to provide operational support to the Steering Committee and Coalition members, in the collective effort to organize, advocate and sustain a movement to protect and expand reproductive health, rights, and justice.
The Operations Director will aid the six (6) member Steering Committee by leading day-to-day organizational management, including implementing the strategic plan and annual budget, establishing systems and protocols, facilitating meetings, developing communications, enhancing organizational culture, and other core functions as needed. For Coalition members, they will coordinate event logistics and project manage small and large convenings from trainings to canvassing to advocacy days at the Capitol.
The Operations Director will work in close relationship with the Membership and Outreach Director in a co-directorship structure to provide support, sustainability, and productivity in each role. They will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact, partnering with advocates from across the state who care deeply about justice and equity, and are bold, strategic leaders committed to LCRF’s mission.
The Operations Director will assume the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Steering Committee to lead and implement the organization’s strategic plan and annual budget including expense tracking, monthly reporting, and budget administration
- Establish a calendar of events and meetings in collaboration with the Steering Committee and Membership & Outreach Director ensuring that the Committee’s work follows a calendar of annual activities to fulfill governance responsibilities;
- Communicate regularly with the Steering Committee to ensure that they are kept informed and up to date
- Provide support for all Coalition meetings, including Steering Committee, Executive Committee, and ad hoc committee meetings as needed
- Provide other administrative support as needed
- Identify, implement, and ensure maintenance of operational systems and protocols, including records management, billing, and project management systems
- Maintain and enhance organizational culture including the coalition’s commitment to reproductive justice, racial equity, and inclusion
Event and Project Management
- In coordination with various coalition members and the Membership & Outreach Director, coordinate logistics including supplies, venues, food and beverage, transportation, volunteers, etc. for large to small events such as meetings, workshops, trainings, advocacy days at the Capitol, and canvassing
- Independently plan and coordinate events including meetings and travel
- Research, reserve, schedule, and manage payment of various event and project vendors including venues, A/V companies, printers, caterers, etc.
- Set, follow, and report on an event/project budget
Fundraising & Communications
- Support Steering Committee and Membership & Outreach Director efforts in fundraising, grant preparation, submission, management and reporting, funder relations, and execution of deliverables
- Work with the Steering Committee to develop LCRF marketing materials that communicate the organization’s mission and work; including pitch documents, decks, and one-pagers as needed
Other responsibilities as assigned by the Steering Committee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3-5 years of work experience and a track record of success in
- racial and/or reproductive justice advocacy efforts
- supporting community and/or non-profit organizations
- project and program management with a demonstrated ability to organize, manage projects and budgets, motivate people, and move work plans forward
- Preferred but not required experience, in
- fundraising and/or membership development
- proposing and securing programmatic funding support, especially grants
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and embracing reproductive justice, racial equity, and inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic, inquisitive, hard-working, and “Can Do” attitude
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to manage up and across
- Flexible, responsive, and able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Keen attention to both detail and bigger-picture goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google applications, and project management applications
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is $75,000 with generous benefits provided through LCRF’s fiscal sponsor the Foundation for Louisiana (FFL). Some of the FFL’s employee benefits include
- healthcare, dental, and vision benefits with premiums paid by the employer
- 42+ total days of time off (a combination of paid holidays , vacation, sick, and personal time) per year
- 403(b) Retirement Plan / Employer Match up to 4%
- life and disability Insurance
- employer supported continued education stipend
- remote work environment within the state of Louisiana
Equal Employment Opportunity
Foundation for Louisiana views people from diverse backgrounds as partners, not just clients or recipients of services and does not discriminate against employees, volunteers, board members and the members, constituents, or students that it serves on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to ApplyThe Louisiana Coalition for Reproductive Freedom has partnered with RCG Talent Solutions on our search for an Operations Director. Please follow this link to submit an application that includes a resume and answer to short answer questions. RCG Talent Solutions will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine the next steps. You must submit your application directly to RCG Talent Solutions to be considered.
89 total views, 1 today