Full-Time Operations Associate
Job Title: Carrier Operations Associate, Quoting Team
Primary Role: Entry-level carrier data specialist
Reports to: Carrier Operations Team Lead
Location: Lancaster, PA
Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000
Benefits like health insurance are far too complicated and we’re convinced the time is now to drastically improve them for all to access. At Benefix, we’re hyper-focused on leveraging technology to make a complex industry more efficient and simpler to understand. We are transforming the way millions of individuals, small businesses, insurance brokers, and insurance carriers work together. Our platform makes the health insurance and benefits simple for small businesses; from getting the best advice to having one system to manage all your plans and people.
- Join a fast-growing company, contribute to our unique culture, make an impact on Benefix’s business and growth, and qualify for upward mobility after 9-18 months of solid performance.
- Go through an thorough onboarding program and take training courses throughout your tenure.
- Shape an industry that is evolving quickly and top of mind for everyone today!
What we’re looking for
As a Carrier Operations Associate, you’ll be working closely with our Carrier Operations Team and have the chance to be involved in the product development process from a quality assurance standpoint as well as contribute to driving continuous improvement initiatives within the Operations department. You’ll need to be flexible and able to wear a few hats, but our team will be there every step of the way to guide you and coach you.
Work location: willing to commute or relocate to Lancaster, PA
- Manage and maintain carrier datasets of small business health insurance plans with accuracy and efficiency
- Manage relationships with health insurance carriers across the US
- Develop automated & repeatable processes to help us sort through thousands of data points, open-up new markets, and expand product offerings
- Constantly improve the software quality assurance, perfecting the reliability and accuracy of our products through platform testing
- Work alongside our Engineering, Product, Sales, and Customer Experience teams
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage time and prioritize
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and is self-directed, goal-oriented, and flexible
- Assertiveness to effectively manage carrier contacts
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment
- High sense of urgency and customer-oriented mindset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Free thinker, highly creative problem solver
- Able to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
- Strong Excel skills (example: View Lookups, Index, Match Formulas)
- Familiarity with SQL or VBA is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Obsessive about details – you’ll be looking at thousands of datapoints every day
- Experience in Data Management, Business Administration or Health Insurance is not required but is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options – We’re all in this together and we will make a difference together. We all share in ownership.
- Health Benefits 100% company paid – The future of health insurance and benefits starts on our home court, we want our team to have peace of mind and not be burdened with the unknown. We offer fully covered medical, dental, and vision premiums.
- Flexible vacation – Take the time off when you need it. Don’t stress about taking a half-day off to see your child’s school play, or breaking up your day with a run or bike ride. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Wellness reimbursement – Your wellness matters to us and we’d love to chip in! Whether it be a gym membership, childcare, acupuncture, or a self development book.
- Professional Development – Access to Coursera, a online learning platform with a variety of in-depth courses from top companies and universities around the world.
- Company-paid cell phone credit – One less thing to worry about.
- 401k – We offer our plan through Guideline.
Our commitment to you? An experience you will never forget, that inspires you, teaches you, and takes you to a whole new level. We all work super hard – but – we also have a lot of fun together. You will too.
Benefix supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Benefix we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
- Be a light – you consciously respond to situations, good and bad, calmly and optimistically. You’re a force who brings a positive light to all you encounter.
- How you feel matters to me – if you were walking through a crowded room, you’d be aware of each little bump into someone else and how that made them feel. You feel what another person is experiencing from within their frame of reference.
- There is no finish line – you feel personally rewarded for a job well done and are rewarded professionally by the impact you make. You do whatever it takes.
- Think freely – your curiosity defines your own direction and you don’t follow blindly or wait to be directed. A self-starter, passionate about always challenging the status quo.
- Be R.A.D. (Refreshingly Authentic & Direct) – being on a championship team requires trusting your teammates. Trust is the bedrock of the best relationships, and with it, you are able to be your authentic self while being direct with others to make them better.
- Own it – it’s not just what you do on the field, it’s how you act on the sideline that has a major impact on others. You’re always responsible and own your mistakes.
- Do the right thing – even when no one else is looking and when something may not be in your own self-interest, you stand up for what is right and remind others when they may falter.
How to ApplyPlease email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
59 total views, 2 today