Full-Time Office Manager (REMOTE)
About The Wakeman Agency
Founded in 2003, The Wakeman Agency is a social change firm, partnering with progressive nonprofits and socially responsible companies. Known as “the people behind the people at the forefront of social change and innovation,” The Wakeman Agency serves as a trusted advisor to organizations around the globe. Our core services include public relations, special events, thought leadership development, crisis communications and strategic counsel.
The Wakeman Agency seeks an organized and detail-oriented individual who will be a key member of the team. The ideal candidate will be an excellent project manager, will be able to proactively anticipate the needs of the organization, and will be able to successfully balance competing priorities. The Office Manager will be responsible for the following areas: general operations and administration, 2) HR/people and culture, and 3) office management. We are looking for someone who can grow without company.
Operations & Administration
- Oversee and provide training to staff on the agency’s productivity tools – Asana, RingCentral, Salesforce, etc.
- Manage technology for subscriptions for the organization
- Manage relationships with outsourced IT and SaaS consultants
- Assist with managing workflow/process and accountability across teams
- Process invoices for general operating expenses
- Responsible for general HR support: payroll support, vacation tracking, administration of benefits, record keeping and maintenance of team member files and other HR related documents.
- Manage all office management activities
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures to guide the operation of the office
- Support remote work initiatives to enhance culture
HR/Talent and Culture
- Develop and implement strategy for all Talent and Culture Initiatives
- Manage overall recruiting process by screening candidates, scheduling and tracking interviews, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Manage and develop onboarding and offboarding process for employees
- Manage and oversee the growth and development process and overall training opportunities for the organization
- Develop staff activities including retreats, socials, etc.
- Develop, administer and revise HR policies and programs based on current employment standards and laws
- Deep commitment to social justice issues
- Minimum of seven years of work experience with at least three years of operations, office management, human resources, and/or people management experience
- Proven administration and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced setting with keen attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Strong project management skills; able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to take an idea from concept to completion
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism while maintaining discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement with a positive and humble attitude
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Asana, Salesforce
If the idea of working in an agency on behalf of progressive organizations that endeavor to change the world is appealing, then we’d love to hear from you. Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.
This is a full-time position with eligibility for benefits including paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave, performance bonus, health insurance and retirement savings. Salary is within the range of $60,000 – $70,000. Qualified candidates expressing interest in this position in a part-time capacity will be considered.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write: Office Manager.
441 total views, 0 today