Full-Time Nurse Manager Junction City, OR
Oregon Health Authority
$7,861 – $11,587
The Oregon State Hospital, a division of the Oregon Health Authority, has a fantastic opportunity for a NURSE MANAGER to join an excellent team working to help people recover from their illness and return to their lives in the community.
What you will do!
Nursing Services is a part of the professional multi-disciplinary team that plans and delivers patient care. The Unit Nurse Manager supervises nursing care personnel assigned to their designated patient care wards while carrying out the duties assigned to them. The primary duties of this position include, but are not limited to: responsibility for the nursing care and services provided on a specific ward/unit, 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. Providing specific hiring, disciplinary, evaluation and/or termination and initial resolution of grievances for the subordinate nursing personnel. Providing nursing input to the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team, monitoring nursing care provided, teaching skills, developing resources, providing input on policies and procedures, maintaining inter-disciplinary problem solving and facilitating communication.
This posting will be used to fill 1 Nurse Manger position at the Junction City Campus of the Oregon State hospital. Applicants from this posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
OHA values health equity, service excellence, integrity, leadership, partnership, innovation and transparency. OHA’s health equity definition is “Oregon will have established a health system that creates health equity when all people can reach their full potential and well-being and are not disadvantaged by their race, ethnicity, language, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social class, intersections among these communities or identities, or other socially determined circumstances. Achieving health equity requires the ongoing collaboration of all regions and sectors of the state, including tribal governments to address: the equitable distribution or redistributing of resources and power; and recognizing, reconciling, and rectifying historical and contemporary injustices.” OHA’s 10-year goal is to eliminate health inequities. Click here, to learn more about OHA’s mission, vision and core values.
What we are looking for:
- At the time of application, possess a valid Oregon Registered Professional Nurse’s license AND three years of nursing experience including some supervisory and/or teaching experience which demonstrates knowledge of:
- Nursing techniques and therapeutic intervention used in care and treatment of patients with mental illness
- Supervisory techniques and work management of subordinate personnel
- Administrative and educational principles and practices involved in nursing administration
Additional preferred skills
- Excellent leadership, role modeling, problem solving and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of health care regulations and effective interpersonal skills
- Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations
How to ApplyHow to apply:
- Complete the online application
- Complete Questionnaire
- position must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full documentation or receipt of an approved exception will lead to withdrawal of the job offer. For more information, visit our policy listed here
22 total views, 1 today