Full-Time Nurse Home Visitor (Corona and Far Rockaway)
Health disparities among New Yorkers are large, persistent and increasing. Public Health Solutions (PHS) exists to change that trajectory, and support vulnerable New York City families in achieving optimal health and building pathways to reach their potential.
As the largest public health nonprofit serving New York City, we improve health outcomes and help communities thrive by providing services directly to vulnerable low-income families, supporting community-based organizations through our long-standing public-private partnerships, and bridging the gap between healthcare and community services. We focus on a wide range of public health issues including food and nutrition, health insurance, maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, tobacco control, and HIV/AIDS. To learn more about our work, please visit healthsolutions.org.
The Nurse Family Partnership (NFP), a program of Public Health Solutions, is a nationally recognized, evidence-based nurse home-visiting program for high risk, low-income, first-time mothers, their infants, and their families.
NFP seeks Nurse Home Visitor to provide services in Queens for this community-based, collaborative, nurse home visiting program. You will assess the medical and social needs of pregnant women and infants; follow a prescribed process / plan of care and monitor the outcomes in accordance with NFP and Public Health Solutions’ policies and procedures. Nurse home visitors report to the NFP Nurse Supervisor.
Specifically, the Nurse Home Visitor will:
- Provides home visits to pregnant/parenting women and their families eligible for the NFP Program.
- Provides education and case management services to women in Far Rockaway Queens from pregnancy through the child’s second birthday.
- Adheres to nursing process and the NFP model of home visitation.
- Carries a case load of a minimum of 25 clients.
- Develops therapeutic relationships, utilizes concepts of reflection and motivational interviewing with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Performs home visiting in accordance with the NFP model and guidelines.
- Follows nursing process in implementing NFP into nursing practice.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals.
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals involved in providing services to women and families.
- Formulates nursing diagnosis based on nursing assessment and client goals.
- Refers families for necessary services, and following up to ensure that families are receiving services.
- Completes all documentation required for Medicaid billing.
- Performs related duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSN required or Associates currently enrolled in a BSN program.
- Current New York State RN license (in good standing) required.
- Current CPR required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred.
- Home visiting experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license and insured automobile may be required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
PHS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, and veterans.
How to ApplyTo apply, please go to www.healthsolutions.org Then, click on About us, and Explore our Career Center
73 total views, 1 today