Full-Time NURSE – 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR – 24763
Student Equity & Opportunity – Nursing Services
186 work days per year
Starting Salary: Please follow the link for salary setting information http://denverprocomp.dpsk12.org/about/
School Year: 2018-2019
Essential Functions and Objectives:
– The School Nurse collaborates with other school and health care staff to maintain a safe and healthy environment and promote an optimal level of wellness to enhance the educational process of students. Works to remove, modify or reduce health-related barriers to learning. Provides well student care, health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance to students at assigned school. Performs screenings for scoliosis, vision, hearing, height and weight, and/or other conditions and make referrals and follow-up. Completes, updates and maintains student records (accident reports, health records) using District software system, and completes and submits reports. Completes, health care plans, IEPs, Section 504 Plans. Additional documentation includes updating and maintain all student health records using District software system. May supervise health paraprofessionals and other health staff in assigned location.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
– Must be licensed as registered nurse by the State of Colorado.
– Must possess a valid Colorado Professional Special Services Provider License with endorsement as a School Nurse.
– Must possess a current certificate for Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and be able to renew it as required.
– Previous school nursing experience preferred.
– National School Nurse Certification highly desired.
– Nurse K-12 – Degree – Nurse K-12 – Endorsement – Nurse K-12 – Place/Praxis
– Special Service Professional License – Nurse: Clinical Nurse Specialist CNS (optional) – Nurse: National School Nurse Certification highly desired – Nurse: Pediatric Nurse Practioner – Nurse: School Nurse Practioner
– Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from an accredited College or University.
– Master’s degree in Nursing or school nurse practitioner certificate preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/y7yw5wnb
130 total views, 1 today