Full-Time Night Support Worker (Drug and Alcohol Rehab)
This is a really crucial role within our Specialist Family Residential Service and would be ideal for people who are looking to develop their career in the sector.
Above all, we are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals with a desire to support people to transform their lives.
We are recruiting for a Night Support Worker to join our Specialist Family Residential Service in Sheffield. The service provides drug and alcohol recovery support for parents and their children in a residential setting. Previous experience is desirable, however not essential.
As a Night Support Worker your role is to provide cover to the service at night. You will be reliable with the ability to be awake and alert at all times during your shift. You may be working alone, and you will be required to act with integrity and use your initiative, staying calm in the event of an emergency.
- Ensuring the support and safety of the residents and the building
- You will be responsible for monitoring and controlling access to the site, dealing with emergencies, and communicating any concerns or events to the manager on call and the rest of the team.
- You will have good communication skills with the ability to respond and interact with residents and colleagues.
- You will also have experience in administrative procedures and maintain clear, accurate records.
Flexibility is required, as you will be working a night shift rota that includes weekends and public holidays. This consists of 3 x 11 hour shifts followed by 3 nights off. This averages at 36.16 hours per week and therefore you are not eligible if on a Tier 4 visa.
There will also be opportunity for you to attend training and participate in team meetings, events and supervisions, which will be usually be held during the day. Further details and questions about shift rotas can be discussed later in the recruitment process.
Other organisations may call this role Night Care Worker, Waking Night Worker, Night Care Assistant or similar.
- Opportunity to access potential yearly salary increments subject to appraisal, meaning potential salary increase up to £24,00 (FTE)
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing each year to a maximum of 30 days) (pro rata)
- Benefits including season ticket loan, pension scheme and life assurance
- Support through occupational sick pay, eye-care vouchers and regular wellbeing talks and activities
- Continuous training and career development via PXL our dedicated learning management system
- Opportunity to complete the Care Certificate, a robust induction to roles in health and social care developed by Skills for Care and Health Education England.
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance programme including telephone and online access
Phoenix Futures Group is a charity with over 50 years’ experience and a leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment. Our values are what define us and ensure we work to the highest standards. We believe in being the best, we are passionate about recovery, we value our history and use it to inform our future.
This opportunity is at our unique, Specialist Family Residential Service. A place where parents addicted to drugs or alcohol come with their children to change their lives and determine their futures.
We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and believe it is important to include people with lived experience to ensure the needs of the people we support are represented. We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment where everyone is free to be themselves and we ensure equity of opportunity.
We want you to feel comfortable to be your best during the interview process, so that you can get to know Phoenix and we can get to know you. If shortlisted, you will be contacted for a short face to face interview. All details will be provided in advance so that you can feel adequately prepared and we can support you with reasonable adjustments as required.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website: Night Support Worker (Drug and Alcohol Rehab) (2783) | Phoenix Futures
88 total views, 2 today