Full-Time Network Director
Promise Partnership Utah supports youth in their educational journey from cradle to career to ensure they can explore, dream, and take steps to realize their potential. Our approach involves being rooted in data and deeply collaborating with public and private sector partners to transform the education environment, so it produces more equitable outcomes and disparity gaps are eliminated. We operate on the deeply held belief that by working collectively we can have a greater impact for our youth than we could have alone. Promise Partnership Utah, United Way of Salt Lake, and UWSL 211 are part of the Utah’s Promise organization. Together, we are committed to 100% of kids and families thriving.
The Network Director (ND) will work as a member of a team to partner with school districts, schools, business, civic leaders, non-profits and other key partners (convened as networks). The Network Director will conduct quick research, develop strategies, and coordinate implementation of several partners. The role’s primary task will be to work specifically with schools and partners serving the South Salt Lake community and regionally support Early Literacy efforts; the ND will support our work to ensure that every child’s barriers to learning are eliminated.
Center Student and Family Needs
- Engage families to partner in decisions related to practices, policies, that impact their community
- Support networks to maintain a focus on families most impacted by inequitable systems
- Assist networks to collaborate with families in support of student success
Find Innovative Ways to Close Opportunity Gaps
- Use systems thinking and best practices to close opportunity gaps in educational outcomes
- Collaborate with systems leaders and community members to address barriers encountered within education settings
Please upload a resume and cover letter to your application. Application will begin to be reviewed on September 29th.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES & FUNCTIONS
CHANGEMAKER: The Network Director will contribute to a culture of accountability by harnessing the power of relationships to achieve results. You are a value-driven leader who takes initiative, cares deeply and leads by example.
FACILITATOR: You empower partnerships to facilitate local change.
- Work with the Lead Network Director and other team members, move groups to action by harnessing your interpersonal, organization and planning skills in hosting productive meetings
- Participate in agenda setting, take the lead on meeting logistics and communication, and maintain documentation and relevant data (contact information, meeting attendance, performance metrics, etc). Use tools and programs effectively to support the work of the team and results.
- Work to build greater awareness of systemic barriers related to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and other factors impeding success while interfacing with partner leadership in a spirit of humility and courage.
- Actively contribute to a culture of feedback, shared accountability and advocacy in all initiatives and activities.
SYSTEMS-THINKER: The Network Director will seek opportunities to connect day-to-day efforts that support students to systemic levers for change. You understand how helping one student at a time is insufficient or unsustainable over the long term, and naturally seek connections to impact systems. You actively build skills to:
- Elicit patterns and strategize widespread efforts to positively impact youth and families over the long term.
- Conceptualize initiatives that could be built around or benefit from corporate, foundation, government, organizations or other partnerships.
- Contribute to grant writing and reporting, donor cultivation, marketing efforts, advocacy efforts, presentations about our work, and other related duties as assigned.
CATALYZES COLLECTIVE ACTION: Using a “results accountability framework” the Network Director helps to support a strong foundation for collaborative networks to ensure that their work centers racial equity and is of appropriate scope and scale to impact outcomes.
- Work with the Lead Network Director and other team members to seek perspectives and participation of students, parents, teachers, and people who work in nonprofits, government, and business.
- Keep relevant records for networks up to date in Salesforce, Asana, and other platforms
- Contribute to researching initiatives that have been successful in impacting community outcomes, compile promising practices and assess feasibility for the Salt Lake region.
DATA ORIENTATION: Support networks and team members by compiling and visualizing relevant data. Populate and maintain measurement frameworks to track both population outcomes and progress related to specific strategies.
This is a full-time, exempt position with complete benefits. Salary: $62,000.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable experience in social impact, facilitation, project management, or equivalent academic experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with partnership groups or schools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite, data visualization, and other project management software.
- An understanding of the culture and realities of historically marginalized communities in the Salt Lake region.
- Speak and write fluently in a second language and share culture of members of the SSL community is a plus.
- Has deep understanding of the South Salt Lake community and holds relationships with community members and others.
- Has experience in the practice and research of early literacy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly in oral and written formats and must be able to transcribe, read extensively, and prepare and analyze data and figures. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work; however, there will be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, use of office equipment, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
How to ApplyApply here.
31 total views, 1 today