Full-Time .NET Software Developer
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation (NWF or Federation) is America’s largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes. The Federation’s mission is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
To advance our mission, we are seeking a full-time .NET Software Developer to join our staff, working out of our Reston, VA, office with telework options. (Due to COVID-19 all employees are working remotely until we make return to work decisions). In this role you will work on our conservation program applications, flagship enterprise (CMS) website, and new, cloud-based mission-driven innovation products and services. We are looking for candidates with a strong understanding of architectural principles for scalable, service-oriented applications. You should possess an ability to work iteratively and collaboratively with UX and graphical design leads to articulate the impact of design options on development considerations.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are seeking a long-term relationship with a nonprofit organization and a position that offers and requires creative flexibility and co-ownership of the entire product lifecycle.
- Technical leadership across the following aspects of application development: architecture, performance analytics and metrics, reusability, scalability, security, testing maintenance break/fixes
- Become knowledgeable about our mission and the unique attributes and metrical goals of internal partners with whom projects would be undertaken.
- Gather requirements for projects and manage an archive of the requirements journey, including scope change decisions and rationale.
- Determine communications required for projects, including weekly core team meetings, daily stand-ups as needed, and formal reports for project teams.
- Create database schemas and data flow diagrams, develop and maintain technical and user documentation manuals for each product.
- Create integrations with data storage solutions i.e. Microsoft SQL server and external/3rd party data sources such as vendor API’s and/or web services.
- Provide accurate development estimates and meet development deadlines.
- Document requirements and produce technical documentation for solutions built.
- Bug fixes and modifications for existing applications.
- Be available after hours when the infrequent need for enterprise troubleshooting arises.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software architecture for and hands-on development with .NET and related web development technologies
- Ability to work with technical upline reporting to keep or bring projects back on track, which can include advising on and making best value trade-offs
- Ability to discern if and when knowledge is lacking, and to in those instances utilize resources to learn and develop capabilities as required
- Experience with the following:
- Constructing and building consumable APIs, RESTful interface, and/or web services
- C#, ASP.NET, MVC and .NET Core frameworks — Identity Management, MVC/Core architecture, SQL Server, Microsoft Azure and third-party .NET library integrations
- Version control experience, Team Foundation Server and or Azure Dev Ops for Cloud (preferred)
- Application Lifecycle Management software a plus, Atlassian JIRA/Confluence for ticket tracking is preferred
- Web application deployments, configuring and automating MS Build scripts and their dependencies, including test automation
- Waterfall and agile project teams
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience working in a team environment, including articulating the case for chosen approach or solutions, and working with an infrastructure team to troubleshoot issues and participate in formal escalation path activities
- Able to work independently and prioritize deliverables that serve the critical path and maximize time utilization
- Comfortable with and interested in rapidly learning new systems, software, and technologies
Preferred Skills and Background:
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited college
- Good understanding of modern UX techniques, preference for experience working alongside a UX designer
- Knowledge of constituent data and customer relationship management systems is a plus
There will be minimal travel in this role to attend a special public event for a program milestone or our Annual Department Week.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The salary range for this position is currently $100,000 – $110,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The National Wildlife Federation values work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our paid time-off includes 3 weeks of vacation leave, 10 days of wellbeing leave, 10 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, a week-long winter break, and additional leave options, per year. In addition, our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, 403b retirement plan with employer matching and annual contribution, adoption benefits, and flexible work options including telecommuting, non-traditional work hours, and compressed work weeks. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
How to ApplyClick HERE to apply.
78 total views, 2 today