Full-Time National Content & Communications Manager (REMOTE)
WHO WE ARE:
utward Bound (OB) is a national non-profit educational organization in the United States. Operating for over 60 years in the U.S, OB provides access and opportunity for every student to lead a life of purpose and compassion. Outward Bound’s educational approach is rooted in the immersive and supportive environment of the outdoors and grounded in the science of learning and development. Outward Bound in the U.S. has more than 1,000,000 alumni and serves more than 45,000 young people and adults each year from communities across the country. At Outward Bound, we strive to provide educational experiences that are inclusive and relevant for all participants and are committed to organizational improvement in support of an equitable and just society.
OB IN THE US:
Outward Bound in the U.S. is a network comprised of 10 Regional Schools and two support organizations – Outward Bound USA (OBUSA) and the Outward Bound Services Group (OBSG). Outward Bound USA is the chartering/governance organization that provides oversight and key support services for the regional Outward Bound Schools in the U.S., including brand management, safety, risk management and scholarship support.
As a leader in outdoor experiential education, Outward Bound is one of the world’s most recognized brands. A primary area of focus for the National Content and Communications Manager will be to play a key role in telling the story of Outward Bound in a way that connects, motivates and inspires our key audiences. This position reports to the Brand and Marketing Director and works closely with the OBUSA team, particularly the Advancement Department, which is primarily responsible for OBUSA’s fundraising efforts. This position also coordinates with the marketing team at Outward Bound Services Group (OBSG) and marketing leaders across the 10 Regional Schools.
We are passionate about what we do! Come join our team of proactive, service oriented and collaborative professionals. Tap into both your analytical and creative sides and see your work make a difference. Help support a mission driven organization. Make daily contributions to a tight-knit team striving to support today’s youth, raise funds in support of the mission, and create meaningful engagement for alumni of Outward Bound far and wide.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing Campaign Management
- Plan and execute an annual campaign and content strategy that aligns with the National Marketing Plan
- Coordinate the delivery of omni-channel content assets on a specific timeline
- Develop content that supports strategic priorities for Outward Bound USA’s core teams – Advancement, Professional Learning Lab, and Operations.
- Produce compelling, platform-specific video content — both ephemeral, and evergreen — for Outward Bound’s core audiences
- Create inspiring and platform-specific design assets
- Use research tools and data analysis to discover content gaps and opportunities for improved SEO
- Coordinate with external creators (as needed), while maintaining consistency within Outward Bound’s brand and style guide across content types
- Manage curation of UGC submitted by regional schools for use in content campaigns
- Craft compelling stories while on-location and via remote correspondents including staff, students and community members from across the Outward Bound system.
- Craft copywriting that inspires and engages key audiences across Outward Bound channels
National Network Support
- Function as a thought leader for Outward Bound’s network of 10 schools through sharable content resources, support of network-wide content, and alignment with Regional School Marketing Plans.
- Design and create shareable resources that maintain consistency across the Outward Bound system
- Cultivate relationships with National Media contacts to develop a pipeline for Outward Bound’s content to gain earned media opportunities
- Coordinate and collaborate on content to support National Brand Partnerships
- Collaborate directly with Marketing Leadership at each Regional School to create content in support of Outward Bound’s key messaging
- Engage in social listening across digital channels to discover audience insights, and opportunities for engagement and community building
- Interact with online communities in real-time across Outward Bound’s digital channels
- Manage and design email marketing campaigns via MailChimp or equivalent ESP
- Share content on internal channels specifically for staff engagement, and organizational transparency
- Write, schedule and publish content across Outward Bound’s social media channels
- Assist in developing content for donor stewardship campaigns and fundraising appeals across digital channels, direct mail, and print pieces.
- Analyze the impact of each campaign to determine if they are aligned Outward Bound’s Strategic Plan and National Marketing Plan
- Regularly audit content engagement and audience metrics to determine potential improvements and opportunities
- Supports OBUSA teams in achieving goals
- Other Marketing duties, as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A passion for creativity and the ability to develop original content that provokes engagement.
- Great organizational skills and workflow management to ensure campaigns are delivered on time, at the highest quality and within budget.
- Strong writing skills to develop and edit email, social content, website content and internal communications
- Understanding of utilizing ESPs like Mailchimp and social scheduling tools like Hootsuite
- Basic to advanced photo management, selection and editing skills
- Effective communicator who is adept and giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a team member
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools; intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Apps and/or Canva
- Competency using basic Content Management Systems for websites and/or blogs, like WordPress
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, equity and inclusion work throughout marketing and communications work, both externally and internally
- Professionalized understanding of Google tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Keyword Planner, and others is a plus
- An interest in the evolving landscape of Ai tools available for efficiency and improved content quality is a plus
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in content marketing, email, social media and communications required
- Prior experience in non-profit fundraising strategies, tactics and communications required
- A strong track record of successful content campaigns that have led to increased brand engagement and growth.
- Experience and/or personal affinity for the outdoor industry and youth development a significant plus
- Graphic design and/or video production skills a significant plus
- Experience working in multi-unit business environment a significant plus
LOCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A successful candidate will work remotely, combined with necessary travel for meetings and other engagements
- Ability to work at a desk and on a computer for most of the day
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, including health/dental/vision insurance, paid time-off, short-term disability, long term disability and a 403(b) plan.
- Hiring range – $70,000 to $80,000 depending on experience
How to Apply• Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com • Application deadline is June 5, 2023.
53 total views, 3 today