Full-Time Microservices Software Architect
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the software design and engineering of enterprise microservices architecture solutions. Responsible for providing input into the microservices design and development of the IT strategic technology direction for modernization through defining and communicating the architecture standards, guidelines, and statements of direction with guidance from senior architects as appropriate by facilitating the design and establishment of architecture standards. The Microservices Software Architect will drive the design solution of modernizing monolithic applications to microservices based architectures.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists in defining and developing the long-term strategic technology roadmap for the Servicing Technology Division with focus on the adoption of microservices, cloud technologies, and container based deployment strategies.
* Develops requirements and a strategy to incrementally break down large monolithic applications into smaller, independently deployable components where it makes sense and provides guidance for when not to make this change.
* Acts as a change agent for the DevTestOps culture by helping define the automation strategy that allows for increased operational readiness within a set of methods and tools that provide speed, scalability, reliability, and security.
* Communicates and evangelizes the strategic architecture vision for modernization throughout the organization with a focus on the patterns, techniques, and standards required to realize the vision.
* Works closely with product, development, and infrastructure operations teams to coach the patterns required to correctly design, implement, deploy, and maintain microservices solutions.
* Partners with other technical architects within the company to ensure consistency of microservices, cloud native, PaaS/IaaS decisions, patterns and practices at an Enterprise level across Black Knight divisions.
* Collaborates with technology and operations leadership to evaluate tools to support architecture roadmap such as Cloud Providers, PaaS Kubernetes solutions, and CI/CD pipeline products.
* Documents application design patterns and works with other senior architects and developers to implement reference architectures that can be utilized by development teams to streamline their efficacy.
* Partners with development teams to mature software design and automation (test, integration, deployment, and provisioning) techniques.
* Establishes collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners and clients to ensure that technology solutions align with security architecture and business strategy.
* Perform architectural analysis and infrastructure reviews to ensure compliance with Black Knight deployment and security standards.
* May work on multiple projects, enhancements and production support issues as required.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Experience in delivering solutions utilizing microservices based architectures
* Thorough understanding of microservices design patterns and their application
* Skilled in object oriented design and development either in Java/J2EE and/or .NET Core with an emphasis on services built using REST and SOAP
* Proficiency in software solutions design and requirements decomposition using Domain Driven Design concepts and techniques
* Familiarity with cloud native development methodologies and container based deployments preferred (e.g. Azure, OpenShift, AWS, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
* Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and tools preferred
* Experience breaking up large, monolithic service offerings into small, individually deployable services preferred
* Familiarity working in a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) leveraging an Agile principles
* Ability to estimate work effort for project deliverables at an Epic and Feature level as well as help development teams break down work into right-sized User Stories
* Knowledge of financial services, mortgage, or financial technology industries a plus
* Experience producing design documentation to describe complex technical solutions including component models, domain models, business process models, sequence diagrams, etc.
* Willingness to quickly become an expert in new technologies and mentor more junior technical resources by coding reference components and/or pair programming
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
* Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
* Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach to both technical and non-technical resources
Enterprise Architect – Expert
Expert professional role. Works independently on many information technology projects frequently as a project leader and subject matter expert. Works on large, complex architecture issues or projects that require increased skill in multiple IT functional areas. Requires extensive knowledge of architecture issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms. May manage or serve as a project leader for information technology projects or the architecture components of multi-discipline projects. Must have extensive knowledge of enterprise architecture. May coach more junior staff. Typically requires twelve (12) or more years of experience in information technology with at least eight (8) years of experience working across multiple architecture disciplines.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmZsYWdnLjI3MDQwLjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
30 total views, 1 today