Full-Time Membership Specialist – Mountain Communities Region – Girl Scouts of Colorado
GSCO celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Girl Scouts of Colorado offers amazing opportunities for talented, forward-thinking, innovative individuals who share our vision of helping girls and young women change the world for the better.
Girl Scouts has been equipping girls to achieve their full potential more than 100 years-and today, Girl Scouts stands as the preeminent leadership development organization for girls, with 2.5 million members across the nation and around the globe.
At Girl Scouts of Colorado, we serve more than 20,000 members and we believe all girls should have the opportunity to reach their full potential and all girls have the power to change the world.
GSCO celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from other historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Here’s your opportunity to enhance your career while making a difference in girls’ lives and in the world!
You will be joining a supportive and flexible work environment with team members who work together to champion girl ambition. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
What is a Membership Specialist?
The Membership Specialist is responsible for duties relating to the identification, recruitment, and retention of adult volunteers and youth members. They are responsible for implementing and assessing comprehensive year-round recruitment and membership support strategies that increase youth and volunteer membership and enhance retention. As a part of the member experience, the Membership Specialist is responsible for successfully converting leads of individuals interested in joining Girl Scouts into registered members and volunteers.
**It is required that the Membership Specialist resides within (or in close proximity to) the mountain communities of Colorado, USA.
The mountain communities, for the purpose of defining regions within the Girl Scouts of Colorado, include Chaffee County, Summit County, Grand County, Mesa County, Routt County, Eagle County, or Jackson County.
Volunteer & Member Retention
- Develop, cultivate, and support relationships with service unit and troop volunteers in assigned area to support delivery of Girl Scout programming.
- Provide ongoing support, supervision, and direction to administrative volunteers in assigned geographic areas by interpreting Girl Scouts of the USA and council policies, standards, and procedures and by directing volunteers to additional support services.
- Identify the need for and provides timely problem solving and conflict resolution support/intervention when appropriate.
- Serve as the main point of contact for geographic area volunteers relaying pertinent information to council staff and to guide volunteers to additional support services and resources.
- Work collaboratively with all Council departments to ensure council program and initiatives are successfully marketed to youth and adult membership.
- Provide professional, superior customer service to all internal and external customers, members, volunteers, staff and other community contacts in person, electronically and by phone.
Volunteer & Member Recruitment
- Through analysis of community needs, demographic data and membership statistics, develop, design and conduct recruitment and retention plan for youth and volunteer membership growth in designated geographic areas.
- Establish the appropriate volunteer support team to accomplish key priorities by selecting, appointing, and coaching volunteers in assigned geographic areas.
- Guide potential adult and youth members on the Salesforce pipeline through conversion by phone calls, emails, etc.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate the placement of registered Girl Scouts into appropriate troops.
- Coordinate the placement of registered adults into appropriate volunteer roles.
- Ensure that diversity and pluralism is embraced and incorporated into the daily work of the position.
- Active participation in the development of environments that foster diversity, equity, inclusion, and access through words, actions, and attitude.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Collaborate with other members of the regional and volunteer support, recruitment, and placement specialist teams statewide to ensure the effective implementation of local and statewide renewal and member engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with the program team to drive participation in staff-led program opportunities.
- Collaborate with the customer care and data teams to ensure prompt response to customer inquiries and accuracy of membership data.
- Collaborate with Product Program team to drive participation in and deliver on a positive member experience within the product programs.
- Support the efforts and commitments of Girl Scouts of Colorado in the area of pluralism and diversity throughout the organization and within each community served.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking and networking skills required.
- Skills in conflict resolution and mediation.
- Knowledge of volunteer management strategies preferred.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Bilingual skills desired but not required.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
EDUCATIONAL OR FORMAL TRAINING
- No formal educational requirements
- Experience in membership development, recruitment and/or retention, preferred.
- Experienced in data management using sales/customer management software (Salesforce) preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
- Computer and related software, telephone, e-mail, fax machines, copiers and equipment commonly found in an office environment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Variable working schedule including potential for multiple evening meetings each month, weekends and some overnight stays.
- Regular travel throughout council jurisdiction may be required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, volunteers, customers and vendors.
- Access to transportation with insurance at required state levels to conduct business statewide.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to the Girl Scout insurance company.
- May be required to transport Girl Scout materials weighing up to 30 pounds from a vehicle to a building as well as preparing facilities for meetings, with or without assistance.
- This position pays a range of $ 18.27-$20.91 per hour, plus benefits (including mileage reimbursement)
- Health Insurance – Cost shared by GSCO
- Dental Insurance – Cost shared by GSCO
- Vision Insurance – Optional
- Life Insurance – fully paid by GSCO, 2x annual salary up to $300,000
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment – fully paid by GSCO, 2x annual salary up to $300,000
- Optional Life Insurance – Employee paid – for additional employee coverage and dependents
- Long Term Disability – Fully paid by GSCO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dependent)
- Headspace Membership
- RTD EcoPass (Denver Metro Area Only)
- ZayZoon Payroll Advance Services
- Camp Discounts for Employee Children
- Girl Scout Retail Shop Discounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan – GSCO matches 100% of employee contribution up to 2% of pay
- Vacation – Employees accrue 10 vacation days per year
- Sick Leave – Employees earn one day per month
- Holidays – 10 scheduled holidays per year
- Office Closures – 4 Weeks of Paid Office Closures (Week of Independence Day; Thanksgiving Week; Winter Holiday 2 weeks)
Girl Scouts of Colorado celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Girl Scouts of Colorado (GSCO) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GSCO is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GSCO are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. GSCO will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
How to Apply
19 total views, 1 today