Full-Time Meeting & Events Coordinator
Title: Meeting & Events Coordinator
Manager: Director of Advancement
Location: Warrenton, VA or Charlottesville, VA
Job Classification: Full Time, Non- Exempt
The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that has proudly promoted and protected the natural resources, rural economy, history and beauty of the Virginia Piedmont since 1972. PEC empowers residents to protect what makes the Piedmont a wonderful place, and works with citizens to conserve land, protect air and water quality, celebrate historic resources, build smart transportation networks, promote sustainable energy choices, restore wildlife habitat and improve people’s access to nature.
The Meeting and Event Coordinator is a critical member of the Advancement team, working with various staff departments, board members and volunteers, to help build PEC’s membership, donors and general awareness in PEC’s 9 county region. PEC has a substantial existing base of long-time members and supporters and is working to reach out to new constituencies in the region. PEC events range from informal luncheons and dinners to an annual gala reaching over 300 participants.
The Meeting and Event Coordinator leads events to support awareness, fundraising and programmatic priorities. The Meeting and Event Coordinator also works with the Communications department to produce event materials including invitations, advertisement and other outreach. The Meeting and Event Coordinator also works with Policy and Conservation programs to establish organization wide quality and consistency on events and activities.
Areas of Responsibilities
The Meeting and Event Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Advancement and be responsible for the duties outlined below:
- Manages all organization’s events – involved decision making, input on external resources, managing event processes, coordinating meetings, oversight of event budgets.
- Oversees all events from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum exposure for the organization.
- Working closely with Advancement staff to create and implement fundraising cultivation and stewardship events that advance the mission of the organization
- Working closely with programmatic staff to create and implement events that meet program goals and objectives
- Working alongside Board members and volunteer committee on an annual auction gala for approximately 300 guests
- Responsible for event budgeting, results analysis, and vendor contract negotiations
- Supervises an Event Assistant
- Works with marketing department on the production of all event materials and public relations
- Ensures day of event coverage as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with PEC staff to ensure appropriate leveraging of event volunteers, attendees and donor relationships
- Provides input on donor stewardship strategies to ensure seamless transition between fundraising events and stewardship activities, working closely with Director of Advancement
- Facilitates all volunteer event committees and manages all event volunteers
- PEC members and supporters represent a broad range of stakeholders and investors in the community, including some of the greatest philanthropists in the region
- Creates, prepares, distributes meeting minutes and supporting documents.
- Coordinates guest lists, food service arrangements, menu planning, decorative and table set up, name tags and staffing.
- Working with Communications, program Staff and Advancement, participate in developing communications and marketing in support of special events.
- Acts as a liaison to community groups and vendors, as assigned
- Provides volunteer coordination and recognition for special events.
- Provides direction to volunteer for special event duties.
- Co-facilitates volunteer committees as required.
Assumes additional responsibilities and special duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least five years of related work experience or equivalent;
- The ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Availability to travel within PEC’s 9 county service area for events, with occasional overnight stays required.
- Experience with virtual events
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorships: proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans; print production expertise associated with fundraising events.
- Knowledge and experience with Google Apps and Microsoft Office productivity software
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, is required; knowledge and experience in Salesforce is preferred.
- Extensive experience working with executives, donors and volunteers and managing, supervising and orienting people for events.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication with marketing and communications skills.
- Strong initiative and interpersonal skills
- Project Management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and organizational skills: attention to detail is imperative.
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment; flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information, knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations.
- Experience and comfort with facilitation of committee meetings.
- Valid driver’s and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Salary commensurate with experience – $50,000 to $60,000 per year, hourly (Non-Exempt) position
PEC offers an outstanding and robust benefits package including:
- Two health plans (83% employer paid premium for employee only plan, 73% employer paid for added dependents)
- Short & Long Term Disability*
- Group Term Life*
- Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity insurances*
- HSA account (with employer match up to $750 per year)
- FSA accounts (health & dependent)
- 403(b) pension plan with employer contribution after 1 year of service with 100% vesting from day one
- 12 paid holidays
- PTO leave from 15-24 days per year based on longevity and accrued each pay period
- 1 day per year of paid leave to volunteer at another non-profit or charitable cause
- Salary Continuation Leave for employee or family illness – from 2 to 8 weeks fully paid leave eligibility every 24 months, depending on length of service
- Paid Bereavement, Jury Duty and Military Service Training leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement up to $75 per month
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Hybrid work environment and Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional Development support
- Payment for relevant licenses & professional membership fees.
*Indicates that this insurance premium is 100% paid by PEC for employee’s coverage.
The Piedmont Environmental Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge of our organization. Diversity of experience and skills, combined with passion, is key to our organizational identity.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted upon your acceptance.
How to ApplyApplication Process To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
276 total views, 0 today