Full-Time Medical Science Liaison-Hepatology -South Central (Texas)
A Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within the geographic and therapeutic area of coverage. This is a field-based Medical Affairs position requiring a strong scientific background (technical or clinical experience) as the MSL will be a credible source of clinical/scientific data as well as technical/practical education to practicing clinicians, key opinion leaders (KOL), professional societies, and payers. MSLs are responsible for ensuring implementation of regional field execution plans in alignment with corporate scientific imperatives. The territory for this position will include: NM, TX, OK, LA
MSLs have five key areas of focus:
· KOL Engagement
· HCP Interactions
· Scientific Insights
· Internal Project Support
· Teamwork & Leadership
MSLs have no sales objectives or accountability for prescribing or sales of any MNK product(s) and are required to avoid any situations that could create the appearance that they have such responsibilities.
· Develop relationships with focus KOLs in their assigned territory through engaging in scientific exchange
· Engage in peer-to-peer scientific dialogue effectively communicating scientific, medical, technical, or product (reactive) content
· Support HCP field education, training, and safe use of drugs or biologics.
· Assess KOL alignment with the key scientific discussion topics to inform territory and medical strategy
· Identify KOL Advocates and Collaborators within your assigned territory
· Compliantly support company sponsored research, investigator initiated research, external collaborative research, and publications associated with MNK product(s)
· Stay abreast of emerging scientific literature/clinical data and translate to applicable knowledge.
· Ensure appropriate communication of clinical and scientific information regarding FDA approved and pipeline products in a timely, ethical, and customer-focused manner with support of your manager
· Respond to MIRFs with an initial contact within 2 days and a full answer within 3 weeks (when a standard response letter doesn’t exist)
· Collect scientific and clinical insights based on scientific information/clinical data sharing to optimize Medical communications and coordinated strategy and tactics across the organization.
· Respond to all requests for directed insights within the expected timeframe
· Participate in advisory boards as requested
Internal Project Support
· Contributes scientific content and/or helps create materials in support of a project or initiative
Teamwork & Leadership
· Participate in team calls, projects, and activities
· Collaborate with MSL colleagues
· Understand and operate in alignment with the MNK Values and Leadership Framework
Department specific/Non-essential responsibilities:
• Must be committed to full compliance with all company SOPs, regulatory requirements, and applicable laws including PhRMA guidelines for field-based personnel.
• Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
Experience / Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Advanced scientific degree (MD, OD, PhD, PharmD) or clinical degree (NP, PA) preferred; or equivalent clinical experience (e.g., RN, RT) if appropriate.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, other healthcare environment or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of medicine, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to access and develop relationships with external stakeholders is preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate scientific content through face to face individual meetings, small group interactions, and in writing
• Must be a strong team player and effectively collaborate with internal departments.
• Work independently
• Patient and partner focus
• Learning ability
• Problem solving
• Relationship building
• Self-awareness and adaptability
• Strategic thinking
This position reports to the MSL Field Director. The MSL may have contact with internal colleagues in pharmaceuticals, marketing, sales, research and development, strategy/portfolio management, regulatory, and medical affairs team members. External collaboration includes trade associations, professional societies, payers, clinicians, policy thought leaders, and various government personnel and agencies. Collaboration across a matrix organization is required.
Ability to travel, up to 60% of the time
How to Applyhttps://mallinckrodt.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MallinckrodtCareers/job/Hospital-Field-Office---USA102/Medical-Science-Liaison--Hepatology---South-Central--Texas-_JR000010153-1
141 total views, 1 today