Full-Time Medical Director
Job Title: Medical Director (MEDICAL ADMINISTRATOR II OPTION D/18)
Date: Aug 21, 2023
Location: Alton, IL, US, 62002-5012
Job Requisition ID: 6437
Agency: Department of Human Services
Posting ID: 10-77-6437-30688
Opening Date: 08/18/2023
Closing Date/Time: 09/21/2023
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $15,000 – $22,500 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Plan/BU: Term Appointment Gubernatorial (Management Bill) 000
Work Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Work Location: 4500 College Ave Alton, IL 62002-5012
Division of Mental Health
Alton Mental Health Center
Medical Services – Forensic Building
The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire a Medical Director with an Illinois Physician and Surgeon license with a specialty in Psychiatry. Board Certification is required to provide medical leadership and oversight of the psychiatry services provided at the Alton Mental Health Center in Alton, Illinois. The Alton Mental Health Center strives to provide equitable access to social/human services, supports, programs, and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve.
1. Serves as the Medical Director for the Alton Mental Health Center.
2. Serves as full-line supervisor.
3. Plans, administers, and evaluates the development and implementation of policies and directives and the recruitment and retention of medical staff personnel.
4. Recruits, negotiates, and selects outside vendors to provide specialized medical services.
5. As a member of the Executive Council, participates in formulating policies and procedures for the hospital.
6. Examines forensic (90%) and civil (10%) patients for certification under the Mental Health Code.
7. Reviews all restraint and seclusion authorizations, discharge summaries, unusual incident reports, and other medical reports and correspondence for both forensic and civil patients.
8. Prescribes and directs the administration of psycho-tropic medicines for forensic and civil patients.
9. Secures work site for patient safety.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires an Illinois license to practice medicine and an American Board of Medical Specialties certification or its equivalent in Psychiatry.
2. Requires three (3) years of substantive medical administrative experience in directing, planning, and evaluating a medical/clinical program.
Preferred Qualifications (in priority order)
1. Two (2) years of professional experience working with professional health services, disciplines, and program support functions which must be coordinated in administering a comprehensive medical health program.
2. Two (2) years of professional experience managing and evaluating the delivery of medical care, treatment, and services.
3. Two (2) years of professional experience supervising staff in the medical field as well as other medical professionals.
4. Two (2) years of professional experience, preferably five (5) years, recommending changes to medical service programs.
5. Two (2) years of professional experience providing technical medical training and assistance to internal and/or external stakeholders.
6. Two (2) years of professional experience communicating with both internal and/or external stakeholders daily on medical services.
7. Two (2) years of professional experience performing quality assurance assessments on medical services and treatments provided to patients and/or individuals.
8. Two (2) years of professional experience as a physician working with concepts and practices in psychiatry medicine.
9. Two (2) years of professional experience investigating and reporting on incidents.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to work and be on call after hours, on weekends, and on holidays.
2. Requires ability to travel.
3. Requires Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) License.
4. Requires an Illinois Controlled Substance License.
5. Requires an Illinois Physician and Surgeon License.
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is to provide equitable access to social services, support programs, and resources to enhance the lives of all whom we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency, and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefits package that includes the following:
• A Pension Program
• Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
• 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
• 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually – (10 days in year one of employment)
* Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
• 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even-numbered years
• Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
• 10 Weeks of Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Deferred Compensation Program – A supplemental retirement plan
• Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
• Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
• 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
• Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
How to ApplyPlease click on the link to apply online: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/6437/
38 total views, 1 today