Full-Time Media Systems Technician
Ideum designs and creates create exhibits that evoke wonder, awe, and surprise, but that also tell important stories about science, art, history, and culture that have a lasting impact. We are committed to creating visitor-centric interactive experiences of substance delivered in immersive and exciting ways. We do this through software, custom hardware, and audiovisual design and development.
Ideum also designs and produces multitouch tables and large touch displays. We’ve sold our products in more 40 countries around the world to a wide variety of clients. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). Please see our website to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com
We seek a full-time Media Systems Technician who can help our Creative Services group with unique AV exhibit installations. We are looking for a detail-oriented, and highly motivated individual who can assist in our video wall, projection-based, and other AV-related installations.
Candidates must have Audio Visual systems experience, PC computer skills, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated experience with sound mixing and design, video and projection, and other related skills are important. Experience with microcomputers and electronics is a strong plus.
We are a fast-paced company with high-expectations; we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. We also need help with proposals and technical documentation, so strong writing and communication skills are required. As a relatively small company (around 50 people) that is fast growing and have a diverse set of products and projects, we need someone who is flexible and has a diverse skill set.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
– Experience with AV equipment
– Audio mixing and/or design experience
– Computer skills, experience with Windows and other OS
– Basic understanding of networking and components
– Experience with Google Docs other Office software
– Detail oriented
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Highly motivated and self-directed
– Strong organizational skills
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Experience with Christie, Barco and other projector systems, a plus
– Experience with electronics, a strong plus
– Experience with Creston Systems, a plus
– Experience with electrical systems, a plus
– Experience with inventory and ordering systems, a plus
– Experience with shipping and logistics, a plus
– Experience with technical documentation, a strong plus
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Experience with support via phone or email, a strong plus
– Experience in IT, a strong plus
– Experience in the museum or non-profit world, a plus
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes health benefits (after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also included is a 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan (available after one year of employment)
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples. No Phone Calls or Walk-ins please. PLEASE NOTE: *Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
How to ApplyApply using our online portal: https://ideum.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22
17 total views, 1 today