Temporary Marketing & Sales Consultant
District Management Group (“DMGroup”) partners with public school district leaders to help them improve student outcomes, operational efficiency, and resource allocation. School districts face a myriad of challenges – stagnant achievement results, budget crises, federal and state mandates, increasing accountability measures – and they need practical solutions that can be implemented quickly to get results. DMGroup believes that leadership and management matter in our public school system. By helping strengthen and increase the managerial capacity of the people leading school districts, DMGroup contributes to the systematic performance improvement of the American public education system. DMGroup offers a broad range of services and products to school district members, including: 1) Membership services such as publications, conferences, and professional development sessions, 2) Project-based consulting services, and 3) Annual subscription-based technology solutions. Through this combination of services, DMGroup works hand-in-hand with districts to produce tangible, sustainable outcomes. DMGroup is based in Boston with more than 40 employees and is experiencing rapid growth. Today, DMGroup member school districts serve more than 4.5 million students across 34 states.
We are seeking a creative, experienced marketing and sales Consultant to join DMGroup immediately. The Consultant will be charged with the growth of our inbound sales avenues by developing targeted marketing campaigns and strategies to drive online traffic, ultimately resulting in significant lead generation monthly (i.e. a minimum of 1200MQL/ 160 SQLs) . In addition, s/he/they will periodically conduct market research to ensure the DMGroup brand is appropriately positioned in the market; manage campaign budgets across various online platforms as well as liaise with the sales team to ensure a streamlined approach to business development.
Cross Functional Leadership:
- Partner and collaborate with all members of the executive team, acting as a force multiplier to amplify the work and impact of the organization.
- Identify internal and external opportunities, and design and execute compelling strategies to ensure the broadest possible array of audiences is connected to and engaged with the DMGroup brand
- Set up, manage and optimize Google Adwords campaigns and Hubspot.
- Utilize a variety of acquisition channels, including content creation, curation, pay-per-click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, campaigns, copy-writing, performance analysis, etc. to drive website traffic, brand awareness and new business.
- Produce relevant, valuable, and engaging content for the company website and blog.
- Support in the execution and outreach around webinar series.
- Lead the development of needed DMGroup’s materials (digital and print); video and digital PSAs; website; email; and collateral materials
- Implement and manage website analytic tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends) to drive strategic decision making related to campaign trajectory and associated costs.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns against company revenue goals, using excellent numerical skills, including utilization of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets.
- Leverage the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
The Consultant will also support DMGroup consulting, marketing, and membership events as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a multi-media marketing master. Our target audience is school district leadership, therefore you need to be able to reach multi-generational audiences through your campaigns. You have deep experience working on targeted multi-media marketing campaigns, and are prepared to creatively manage marketing assets, including: website, social media accounts and content, quarterly newsletters, appeals, success stories, promotional videos and other outreach materials targeted toward increasing client bookings. You’ve consistently demonstrated your ability to think strategically about different goals, content, and messaging approaches with an eye for graphics and visuals in past positions.
- You love marketing. Experienced in product marketing, you are the guru in creating marketing materials including pitch decks, one pagers, and other collateral as needed. You are comfortable with driving the development of content including email newsletters, social media, blog posts, white papers, and other content related pieces. You’ve worked with a design team to develop copy, visuals, and products that are representative of the DMGroup brand and values. In sum, your campaigns, product selections, design aesthetic and content convert into clients, time and time again.
- You have a strong customer service orientation: You recognize that our DMGroup brand can start and end with you in every interaction you have with clients. Additionally, as a member of the operations team you work with internal staff with the same level of customer service you would when emailing with a client.
- You are detail and outcome oriented: You can work on multiple projects at once while still maintaining basic operational duties. You are a multi-tasker. Ultimately, stuff gets done on time and done well.
- You like to have fun! You enjoy your colleagues and want to laugh and have fun at work. You enjoy sharing about your weekends and chatting in the kitchen and know that when you have fun with your colleagues it can translate into more collaboration in the work space.
- You have a deep belief in people: You operate with a generosity of spirit in all of your interactions. You believe that driving towards equity in both the workplace and in our nation’s schools is important and you want to be a part of that work.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field, preferably but not required.
- A record of marketing success, including both envisioning and operationalizing enterprise-level marketing strategy.
- Strong track record of successfully envisioning and driving campaigns and building awareness for causes, organizations, brands, or companies.
- Experience leading, modeling, and embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion principles within a team, through marketing and communications work.
- Ability to creatively devise and lead cross channel marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate.
- General “good taste,” including an innate sense of aesthetics, a love for great copy, and a creative, witty style of communication.
- Proven experience in marketing and identifying target audiences.
HOW YOU WILL BE MEASURED
At the end of your first year’s contract with us you will have:
- Increase overall website traffic by 15%, translating into an average lead conversion rate of 13%, within 60-80 days of initial contact.
- Documented and codified DMGroup’s marketing systems, structures and data elements needed in order to successfully execute on the organization’s strategic marketing plan.
- Created consistent opportunities to gather internal stakeholders together towards generating ideas for organization wide campaigns in the production, design and content creation for print and online material.
- Lead content, collateral development, graphic design for the website, print and digital media, executive communications and marketing materials.
- Increase lead generation by 200% (focused on our Software and Membership Programs).
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit your resume and cover letter here.
98 total views, 1 today