Internship Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
The Coordinator is a passionate and well-written individual who helps engage Learning Undefeated’s digital audiences through creative and collaborative content. In this role, the Coordinator will design and develop student-focused outreach, social media campaigns, and content for a variety of platforms, support the executive team, build engagement, and share the work of the organization in meaningful and compelling ways.
If desired, the Coordinator will also have the opportunity to design a student-focused program, event, activity, or experience to be implemented at a future Learning Undefeated event.
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a team that is changing how STEM education is delivered, with a specific focus on underserved communities. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy nonprofit organization that is currently undergoing a period of intense growth. The ideal team member will be high-energy, creative, flexible, solutions-oriented, and able to handle rapidly changing circumstances with grace.
During your service year, you will…
- Develop communication, writing, and public speaking skills
- Design and implement communications strategies to expand the reach of the organization
- Participate in organizing community-based events and activities
- Serve alongside recognized thought leaders in informal STEM education
- Make career connections with leading biotech, pharma, health, and technology companies
- Collaborate in a team atmosphere to develop a community-based program that can be implemented in the classroom, onboard one of our mobile laboratories, or as a summer camp experience
- Receive mentorship in business, leadership, and management
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a team that is changing how STEM education is delivered, with a specific focus on underserved communities. The ideal team member will be high-energy, creative, flexible, solutions-oriented, and able to handle rapidly changing circumstances with grace. In return, we offer an unparalleled opportunity to be part of the next big thing in STEM education, excellent benefits, and an entrepreneurial work environment that supports individual success. MdBio Foundation was recently named one of the 2018 Best Places to Work by Washington Business Journal.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Conceptualizes, creates and publishes daily content (combining both original copy and images as well as images and videos provided by the Learning Undefeated team) on Twitter, LinkedIN, Facebook, and Instagram that shares stories of our successes, builds meaningful connections, and encourages engagement.
- Collects and organizes photos and videos from Learning Undefeated field staff, for use in social outreach.
- Records, edits, and creates videos that showcase Learning Undefeated’s work and enhance our partnerships.
- Grows online social networks by increasing followers and interactions. Employs innovative tactics to grow the audiences and reach influencers.
- Collaborates with VP, Communications and VP, Partnerships to ensure a consistent campaign across channels.
- Researches articles, stories, resources or other content to enhance Learning Undefeated’s original content.
- Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjust plans or strategies to optimize outreach
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comply with all AmeriCorps service terms and conditions
- Graduate of, or currently enrolled in a two or four year degree-seeking program (such as A.A., B.S., or B.A.) in marketing, communications, business, or related field required. This position requires an individual with outstanding customer service, friendly disposition, and works well as part of a fast-paced team.
- Excellent writer with a passion for writing both short and long copy; writing samples required.
- Fluency with graphic design programs and video/photo editing software. Familiarity with key social media tools (Twitter, LinkedIN, and Facebook), social media queuing software (HootSuite, Buffer) and Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Familiarity with social media analytics such as Facebook insights, Google Analytics, and Twitter analytics.
- Well-documented and professionally appropriate social media presence.
- Trustworthy self-starter with proven ability to see projects through to completion. Must be able to work independently with initiative to manage own workload without much supervision. (S)he must be flexible and adapt well in unpredictable situations.
- Must have own transportation and be available for local day, evening and weekend functions, as health conditions permit.
- Must pass a criminal and sex offender background check, as well as a drug screening.
- Reliable and punctual; timeliness and dependability are critical for this role. Excellent time management required.
- Ability to follow instructions and work cooperatively with other team members, Learning Undefeated educators, staff and administrators
- Interest in communications, marketing, science, technology, engineering, math, or education
- Must be able to use and have access to the internet
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and be self-motivated
Required Academic and Experience Qualifications:
- Must have completed a minimum of 24 hours of undergraduate coursework at a community college or above
- Possess strong communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills
Compensation package for AmeriCorps members consists of a small living stipend of up to $848.00, paid biweekly along with a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of up to $2,360 for 675 hours of service, which can be used to pay for college courses and/or applied towards student loans. The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is awarded upon completion of service; details on the education award can be found here. Our program is currently in the 2020 fiscal year for education awards. Learning Undefeated AmeriCorps members are also eligible for mileage at the Federal rate for personally-owned vehicles, which is currently $0.575 per mile in excess of 30 miles per day.
How to ApplyPlease email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
95 total views, 1 today