Full-Time Marine Maintenance Deckhand
- Construct cribbing, floats, shorelines, and dredge discharge lines during dredging operations.
- Assemble and align sections of quick-couplings or flange pipe as needed.
- Assemble coupling sections by applying manual pressure to locking devices or placing gaskets between sections and bolting flanges together.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of dredges and related support equipment.
- Knowledge of the procedures for set-up and disengagement of float and shore lines.
- Skill in the use of quick-coupling flanged pipelines and securing float and shore lines.
- Demonstrated ability working on ramps and gantries making necessary repairs.
- Knowledge of dolphin repair and replacement procedures.
- A valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential Card (TWIC) issued by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Candidates with 1+ year of ordinary seamanship experience.
- This work involves considerable exposure to the elements and requires hard manual work from small boats and pontoons.
- To learn more and get your TWIC card go to: https://www.dco.uscg.mil/nmc/twic
- We may require a National Crane Operator certification, US Coast Guard Master of Towing certification, and a Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Your work schedule is 7 days on/7 days off.
- Shifts are 12 hours from 6am – 6pm.
- High School/GED diploma; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3oVcjjm
301 total views, 0 today