Full-Time Marine Electronics Technician
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic systems made up of complex interconnected electronic devices.
- Evaluate and install electronic systems.
- Repair and maintain standard and custom electronics devices, electronics subsystems, and smaller electronics systems.
- Serve as a Ferry and NCDOT-wide technician responsible for the maintenance and repair of electronics devices, subsystems, or smaller systems.
- Perform repairs independently under the general supervision of a senior electronics technician.
- Calibrate, perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair electronics devices/systems made up of several interconnected devices where this interconnection complicates troubleshooting and repair procedures, such as marine radar, VHF radios, propulsion control systems from different manufactures, and electronic steering systems.
- Read and apply documentation including schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, and repair manuals. In some cases these may not exist or be fragmented.
- Modify existing circuitry to improve performance/affect output.
- Lay out circuitry to provide for special functions such as the interfacing of individual devices into systems.
- Understand that reliance on existing types of circuits and circuit designs is common.
- Determine circuit configuration and function of complex electronics systems in the absence of documentation.
- Design, construct, and evaluate devices.
- Operate standard and specialized test equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of electronic replacement parts.
- Recommend additional shop equipment/replacement equipment.
- Compile a library of technical literature and read current literature to maintain electronics knowledge and expertise.
- Working knowledge of electronic principles and the fundamentals of physics as applied to electronics.
- Working knowledge of math principles related to electronic circuit analysis, and the uses of standard and specialized electronic testing equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and modify standard circuitry to improve performance or perform special effects.
- Associate’s degree in Electronics, and
- 1+ year experience in the repair and maintenance of specialized electronic devices, preferably including some responsibility for circuit modification; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: René Basnight at 252-423-5125.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/ynbakfwj
41 total views, 0 today