Full-Time Manufacturing Manager
Warby Parker is searching for a Manufacturing Manager to play a key role in helping set, execute, and manage our prescription eyewear fulfillment strategy. In this position, you’ll lead a team that manages the lifecycle of our optical orders—from the moment a prescription is approved to the time our glasses make it to the customer’s hands. We’ll count on you to improve, measure, and report out metrics regularly to stakeholders. Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, you’ll make sure all of our optical efforts support the company’s needs and help position us for further growth. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a manufacturing team that has full accountability for the operational performance of our third party manufacturing network
- Manage KPIs related to quality, on-time fulfillment, cost, inventory control, and more
- Drive process improvements to reduce variability and lead time from order approval to final delivery, as measured by lab services metrics
- Manage capacity planning tools to ensure we can meet our current and future demand—all in support of Warby Parker’s growth plan
- Support the launch of new lens offerings
- Serve as the liaison between our partners and internal stakeholders (e.g., the Customer Experience, Technology, Consumer Insights, Finance, and Merchandising teams)
- Develop, maintain, and train our partners on SOPs that incorporate stakeholders’ process requirements to facilitate manufacturing consistency and an amazing customer experience
Who You Are:
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree
- Equipped with at least one year of people management experience
- Backed by 3–5 years of hands-on supply chain experience, including a strong working knowledge of supply chain processes, manufacturing processes, and vendor management
- A resourceful self-starter who’s armed with strong critical and analytical skills
- A positive team leader who can quickly build respect within your team and across stakeholder groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database tools
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- An understanding of lean methodologies and/or Six Sigma certification
- CPIM or CSCP certification
- Experience with Looker
- Ability to travel for work up to 10% of the time
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We’re driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/44bca6361us
889 total views, 0 today