Full-TimeMANAGER, STRATEGIC SUPPORTS FOR ELA PROGRAMS – 31325
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ACQUISITION (ELA)
235 work days
Salary Range: $70,079-$87,599
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Provide expertise and leadership to the ELA central department and ELA school-based operations in the area of program implementation and legal requirements, as well as oversee school support for program implementation (ELA Service System.) Directs through subordinate personnel, activities related to implementation and carrying out ELA Service System and ELA team objectives. Establishes effective reporting infrastructure and regularly measures progress toward program objectives through direct support of ELA Network Partners. May direct and oversee the administration of multiple initiatives in collaboration with other teams.
– Management of human capital, specifically the direct support and oversight of ELA Network Partners, to include performance coaching, evaluation, and monitoring of individual progress against department, team, and network goals.
– Frequently report out to Director about progress of ELA Service System as well personnel issues.
– Support schools in implementing, operationalizing, evaluating and monitoring the ELA Program.
– Responsible for recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding/training of all new subordinates as well as support the growth in skill set and expertise for all team members.
– Disseminate information regarding ELA Programming, legal requirements, and instructional expertise in serving English Learners.
– Support resolution of issues associated with ELA program implementation; provide technical support and expertise to schools.
– Participate in the development and execution of ELA strategic and operational planning, to include collaboration with other department managers and project teams.
– Act as a spokesperson on behalf of the ELA department as well as a resource expert to all DPS staff on ELA program requirements and state and federal program requirements.
– Respond in a professional manner to include timely and accurate information.
– Serve as department liaison to internal and external inquiries.
– Establish and document appropriate processes and procedures for the effective administration of the program.
– Perform other related duties as assigned and/or requested.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Culturally and/or Linguistically Diverse Endorsement (See the CDE website).
– K-12 teaching experience with large populations of English Learners.
– At least 5 years of leadership or supervisory experience, preferably in an urban education setting.
– Principal License preferred.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Demonstrated effective English language oral and written communication skills.
– Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with other professional staff on instructional improvement issues.
– Experience with DPS reporting and data platforms, or an equivalent.
– Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Google platform.
– Knowledge of state and federal ELA program requirements.
– Valid Colorado Driver’s license, appropriate insurance coverage and an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
– Master’s Degree or higher in the field of Educational
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered for this position, you MUST apply through the Denver Public Schools job board. Use the following link to go directly to the application, http://tinyurl.com/y95qb5c7 .
21 total views, 1 today