Full-Time Manager, Software Engineering
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
2U and edX have joined together and are dedicated to building the world’s leading online learning platform. As the Engineering Manager for the Bootcamps Learning Experience team, you’ll be at the forefront of evolving the capabilities of our Bootcamps online learning experience. Your team will be instrumental in scaling the online learning platform that enables over 40,000 Bootcamp students annually to have a personalized and engaging experience while taking this important step in their career journey.
This team is responsible for supporting the Bootcamp learning and grading systems, various features used during the program, automation to provide vouchers to get a certificate and a large portion of the automation to provision the system in preparation for a program to start. The team works closely with product management, product design (UX/UI), operational teams that deliver Bootcamps to our students and members of other engineering teams.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Coach and mentor a team of 10 software and QA engineers; some full time, some contract
- Recruit and hire new team members, as needed
- Partner with a product manager to understand customer needs; identify, define, and scope solutions to achieve outcomes. Foster strong relationships with cross-functional peers in Product Management, UX, Support, and Data Analytics to unlock force-multiplying collaboration
- Grow an agile and high performing team, including continuous improvement for work management processes and impediment removal
- Be a steward of quality user experiences by participating in the on-call rotation
- Proactively manage security, data privacy, cost and other good engineering practice
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Experience working as engineering manager, team lead or tech lead who helped others grow
- Previous hands-on software development experience
- Engineering delivery with product results and healthy stewardship of existing software products
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methods and practices
- Architecturally experienced with microservices, infrastructure resilience and DevSecOps
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Key mindsets: customer-centric, servant leader, software reliability oriented
- A willingness and ability to move forward through high ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience as a student or instructor with online education
- Thoughtful organization and prioritization of your own time to maximize your impact
- Git, open source software, test driven development, Jira software suite
- React, Node, NPM, Powershell, GoLang, AWS, Datadog, PagerDuty
While this position is open to remote candidates across the U.S., we will prioritize those who live in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area and who are available to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($120,000 -$165,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there — we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/4db4c9bf2us
78 total views, 1 today