Full-Time MANAGER, SERVICE DESK AND TRAINING SERVICES – 32235
DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (DOTS)
235 work days
Salary Range: $70,079-$87,599
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for maintaining the operational and transactional responsibilities of the department. Manages the coordination of day to day activities of a specific business function. Primary emphasis is achieving results by building engagement and empowering their teams. May have exposure for district wide initiatives.
To lead the Service Desk Analyst and Technical Training teams to best support our clients (internal and external). To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for empowering teams to meet and exceed expectations in regards to performance by reaching defined metrics/benchmarks. Developing and implementing standards, processes, and technical training resources to deliver excellent customer service and support to our district schools and staff.
As a values-based organization, achieve goals through our shared commitment to Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun.
– Manage and work with respective teams to implement policies, procedures, programs and initiatives that pertain to their functional unit. Set clear goals, organize work plans, and divide work accordingly. Assure adherence to daily operational items, such as budgets, schedules, and performance.
– Apply managerial thinking and decision making to deliver results and ensure project/team success. Provides leadership to teams in their area of responsiblity.
– Solve for problems, including defining, tackling and mitigating issues or situations. Map or assess situations, formulate options and provide guidance within a defined latitude.
– Establish targets, analyze performance and follow up to ensure achievement plan is attainable.
– Analyze past trends, identify gaps, and understand distict to provide recommendations.
– Work on issues that require thorough analysis; apply discretion for decisions that could impact short term goals. Uses set guidance, policies and procedures to make decisions and address operational challenges.
– Collaborate with other functions, peers and teams. Gain credibility and cooperation across the organization. Convey progress and goal results with functional areas. Conduct trainings, present findings & materials and other deliverables.
– Improves team performance through coaching, feedback and mentoring. Entrust and motivate direct reports by providing direction, and facilitate skill building.
– Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Monitor and manage phone queue. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents.Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed.
– Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Will drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement. 4. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
– Manage staff activities. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support. Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Analysts and Trainers including career development.
– Oversee Training team to drive solutions repository (knowledge base) and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff. Builds/obtains training material for field support staff.
– Work with other Field Support Managers to continue to evolve the Customer Support model and the interaction between the 3 levels of support within the Client and Field Services Team and larger Department of Technology.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 2+ years management experience.
– Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
– Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail.
– Self-starter/leader who can anticipate department needs in a proactive (versus, reactive) manner.
– Ability to develop and interpret data and manage resources.
– Ability to motivate and influence others.
– Ability to effectively lead a team.
– Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Ability to multi-task and juggle management of several high-priority projects in parallel.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team.
– Working knowledge of ticket tracking software, preferably Ivanti Service Manager.
– Working knowledge of Windows, Macintosh, and Chromebook operating systems.
– Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs (MS Office and Google Apps).
– Bachelors Degree preferred.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://bit.ly/2Ge7EoM
16 total views, 3 today