Full-Time Manager of Talent and Culture
The Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1994 by Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter to promote economic development. At ICIC, you will work with talented and committed professionals in a collaborative culture dedicated to excellence and innovation.
The Manager, Talent and Culture is an exempt, full-time management-level position and is responsible for overseeing a broad array of responsibilities around talent acquisition and retention, with a priority on diversity, equity and inclusion. Specific responsibilities include recruitment and employment, strengthening employee relations and organizational culture, staff development, compliance, compensation and employee records.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Employment:
• Manage talent recruitment, providing support to hiring managers with writing and updating job descriptions, candidate screening/interviewing, finalizing terms of employment, and making job offers.
• Manage and refine the new-hire onboarding process.
• Conduct exit interviews for all departing staff, tracking and analyzing turnover and related data.
Staff Relations and Organizational Culture:
• Lead internal staff communications, ensuring the flow of timely and helpful information to staff about policies, procedures, annual survey, staff-wide events and related organizational matters.
• Serve as a resource to supervisors on issues related to staff evaluations and staff performance, including grievances, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and HR best practices.
• Work closely with management team on strategies to improve staff engagement and integrate diversity/equity/inclusion into daily culture.
• Manage and improve ICIC’s procedures around staff evaluation and professional development, tracking staff progress and opportunities and collecting data on staff needs.
Salary and Benefits Administration:
• Coordinate changes in payroll, employment status and benefits with CFO, taking the lead on communicating and interpreting benefits, eligibility and enrollment procedures/timeline to staff.
• Work with senior management to set compensation budgets and ensure the timely completion of performance evaluations and thus the implementation of timely salary increases.
Compliance and Systems:
• Monitor ICIC’s adherence to government regulations and implementation of relevant employment laws.
• Review, update, clarify and make recommendations for organization’s personnel policies.
• Maintain all personnel files, ensuring their completeness and compliance with HIPAA and ADA confidentiality guidelines.
The successful candidate is a detail-oriented, flexible self-starter with strong potential for growth. The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 3-4 years’ progressively responsible talent management experience at a managerial level, with an emphasis on recruitment, employee relations, and employee communication.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to interact effectively with a diverse staff.
• Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
• Ability to address complex and sensitive issues with confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism.
• Ability to use spreadsheets and databases to manipulate data and create meaningful reports.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Human Resources Certification (SHRM, HRCI or other) preferred.
ICIC is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender identity, family status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
This a full-time position based out of our office in Boston’s Dudley Square.
How to ApplyTo be considered for this position, please apply through our application page. https://icic.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24&source=pinkjobs
34 total views, 1 today