Full-Time Manager Data Engineering
At Cable One and our family of brands, we keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Manager of Data Engineering plays an instrumental role in both the strategy and evolution of the Enterprise Business Intelligence data ecosystem that serves as the trusted source of high-value data for the organization. The Manager of Data Engineering acts as a key partner to Company leaders, driving continuous advancement of the organization’s analytics competency to advance overall business performance
What you will do to contribute to the company’s success
- Provide leadership to a team of BI engineers to support the data infrastructure which feeds dashboards, scorecards, reports, and other executive-facing products
- Create, deploy, and continuously improve lasting, scalable data solutions in Azure and other advanced analytics platforms
- Work closely with BI leadership and stakeholders to analyze, prioritize, and implement high-value deliverables
- Lead strategic projects with both internal department and cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Data Science and Analytics teams to improve the maturity and integrity of Business Intelligence data assets
- Work closely with the Data Governance team to incorporate core data management competencies including data governance, data security and data quality
- Conduct industry research and monitor trends in the Business Intelligence domain to guide the strategic direction and practices of the team
- Build cross-functional relationships with business and technical stakeholders to understand the data, tools, and governance needed and deliver on those needs
- Take on other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill our Brand Principles, and abide by our Organization’s Values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM Discipline
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Analytics, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, or similar
- 3+ years in a leadership position
- Ability to collaborate well with others
- Effective written and verbal communication at a high level
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships internally and externally
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Must have proven planning and organization skills
- Must be able to effectively manage a team
- Strong project leadership with a strong vision for how data engineering can proactively enable the growth of the business and needs of the organization
- Knowledge of BI best practices and recommendations for an advanced analytics data ecosystem, including data visualization, data analysis, data integration, and data modeling
- Familiarity with industry standard data management concepts, including data lakes/warehouses, data pipelines/ELT/ETL, data architecture
- Breadth of technical passion, desire to learn and knowledge of Microsoft Azure data related services such as Data Lake, Data Factory, Synapse, Purview, Databricks, Delta Lake, and Power BI Premium
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience building roadmaps and technical data product implementation strategies
- Demonstrated ability to execute on a strategic vision
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities, for both self and team
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Data Science, Business or Data Analytics, Computer Science, or a related field; equivalent experience may substitute for education
- Experience working in or overseeing BI solution architecture in Azure
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment
- Domain knowledge of broadband or telecommunications industry
- 5 or more years of equivalent experience can substitute for education
- Committed: Values each and every customer, while working hard to keep their business and support our communities.
- Helpful: Delivers support in the ways that are most useful to our customers and addresses their needs with expertise, respect, and empathy.
- Proactive: Understand what our customers need, and actively works to make their relationship with use seamless, easy, and rewarding.
- Personal: Knows our customers well, and tailors our communications and interactions to address their needs and expectations.
Cable One and our family of brands appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans – start when you start!
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and personal/sick days)
- 401(k) – 100% company match (match program starts after 1 year of service, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Group Legal plan with Identity Theft Protection
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)
- Up to seventy-five dollars a month towards cable and internet services (Phoenix Associates Only)
- FREE Sparklight premium services (cable/phone/internet) if in Cable One service areas
- Annual community support to various organizations across the U.S.
- Associate recognition & awards programs
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
We’re an Award-Winning Organization!
- 2022 Forbes’ “America’s Best Midsized Employers”
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Cable One and our family of brands, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. “Stronger Together” is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify, and embody each and every day.
Cable One and our family of brands is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Cable One and our family of brands is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening, and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
How to Applyhttps://cableone.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Cable_One_External_Careers/job/Phoenix-AZ/Manager-Data-Engineering_R-100281-1
262 total views, 0 today