Full-Time Manager, Creative Project Management
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a manager-level project manager with at least seven years of experience managing creative projects from inception to completion, including at least three years managing a team of project managers and coordinators to join our in-house creative team. This position requires accomplished knowledge of project management methodologies, and maximizing resource planning to capacity.
The manager is expected to manage a team of project managers and coordinators and is responsible for the quality of their work, their professional development, and the weekly planning of resources and capacity within the Creative team. The manager is expected to be a strong leader on the creative team, working closely with their manager and leadership to lead initiatives and identify opportunities to strengthen the work and the team.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Manage a team of diverse project management professionals with a focus on professional development and the day-to-day responsibilities of delivering projects to scope, budget and deadline.
- Conducts weekly Planning Meetings with Creative Leadership to confirm understanding of priorities in order to plan to capacity.
- Assigns resources to projects for the week working with the Project Managers once the project is estimated for time for the upcoming week.
- Works w/Project Managers to provide and optimize resources for projects based on their skills and experience in order for PMs to create weekly tasks to be completed.
- Partners with Creative Managers to obtain outside resources to work on projects when necessary.
- Monitors employee utilization and workload.
- Implements processes created by Operations team and partners w/Operations to communicate process, workflow issues.
- Develops project management standards, and tools used for effective project scheduling and to set and manage quality targets.
- Addresses internal or vendor issues that may impede project delivery.
- Oversees at risk metrics and facilitates actions to keep projects on tasks.
- Hires new PM staff or temporary staff when needed.
- Conducts regular 1:1 meetings with the team along with department meetings.
- Conducts performance reviews and recommends promotions when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Act as a PM backup when needed.
Collaborate with teams across marketing and lead innovative project management initiatives.
- Work with management across CMG and marketing teams to define collaborative approaches to project management challenges.
- Partners w/Operations to communicate issues with processes in order to improve upon them ensure work is pushed smoothly through the creative team.
- Owns project management best practices and works to communicate best practices to teams across marketing.
Work with creative team managers and leadership to drive the team forward.
- Work with design and copy managers to establish training and processes that strengthen the understanding of skill sets within the creative team.
- Promote a positive, collaborative relationship between creative team and marketing.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP & CSM Preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in creative project management
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing project managers and/or coordinators
- Experience using and implementing JIRA and other PM Systems
- Experience using Tableau, Google Docs, Sheets, Slack
- Must have experience in Advertising & Marketing with thorough understanding of the assets created for lead generation, documentation and specifications required and terminology.
- Exceptional interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience delegating projects and providing feedback to other project managers
- Experience working with designers, writers, animators, videographers.
- Must be open to feedback and be able to take direction while also driving projects without a lot of oversight
- Must have knowledge of traditional waterfall and agile project management methodologies
- Experience working as a project manager within an agency is a plus
- Experience working on cross-team projects is a plus
- Experience in higher education is also valuable but not required
We are looking for someone available to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week for hybrid.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($85,000-$90,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there — we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/dd68f8b12us
65 total views, 1 today