Full-Time Maintenance Technician
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is searching for a Maintenance Technician. Responsible for performing repairs and maintaining all School of Medicine property and equipment through scheduled, non-scheduled, and emergency maintenance procedures. Functions as a member of the facility management team and assists in all areas of facility management as requested.
This Is a (First Shift) Monday to Friday opportunity. We offer a flexible schedule and optional overtime is available.
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on all School of Medicine property and equipment.
- Responds to calls of malfunction. Locates and eliminates malfunctions in non-routine and emergency situations.
- Responsible for closing work orders on the online system for review by the Director.
- Monitors performance of the heating, ventilation, and cooling systems; performs standard repair/replacement of components, and maintenance.
- Monitors and performs maintenance of the plumbing systems.
- Performs carpentry maintenance to include repairs, painting and hardware installation.
- Assist in maintaining water treatment and storage system.
- Performs general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal.
- Performs as contact for outside vendors and contractors on projects.
- Participates in Emergency Response Team, as needed.
- Maintains standards of quality control and safety.
- Requisitions all supplies/materials necessary to complete jobs.
- Availability to work occasional overtime on weekends or evenings to complete time sensitive projects.
- Acquires knowledge for new technology and policy/procedure revisions.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency plus minimum five years of experience in general maintenance.
- Considerable knowledge of welding, plumbing, carpentry, basic electricity, and locksmith preferred.
- Proficiency in hydraulics, construction material assembly, pump operation, and air handling system maintenance preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Michigan Driver’s License required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be available for 24 hour service calls.
- Analytical skills necessary to repair or modify equipment.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Knowledge and proficiency using PC and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interpret, comprehend, and transmit complicated and detailed instructions accurately.
- Able to perform duties independently, with a minimal need for direct supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize priorities in organization of work flow.
About Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine (WMed)
We are committed to excellence and health equity through transformative medical education, high-quality, patient- and family-entered care, innovative research, and community partnerships within a just culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Our vision is health equity for all in Southwest Michigan through innovation in the practice and study of medicine.
The medical school is a collaboration of Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo’s two teaching health systems, Ascension Borgess and Bronson Healthcare. The medical school is a private nonprofit corporation supported by private gifts, clinical revenues, research activities, tuition, and endowment income. Building upon a $100 million foundational gift in 2011, WMed is a recipient of the Empowering Futures Gift, a philanthropic commitment of $300 million to support the mission of the medical school. WMed contributes to the economic vitality of Southwest Michigan through the services we provide as well as the creation of 1,600 new jobs and an annual estimated economic impact of $353 million in Kalamazoo and Calhoun counties.
WMed is fully accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and the Higher Learning Commission. The medical school offers a comprehensive, innovative four-year Doctor of Medicine degree program and two Master of Science degree programs in Biomedical Sciences and Medical Engineering. We train physicians in 10 residencies and five fellowships accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. To support our educational mission, we have Joint Accreditation for interprofessional continuing education, which incorporates accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
WMed Health is the clinical practice of the medical school with more than 300 providers offering comprehensive primary care and specialty services in several locations throughout Kalamazoo, Portage, and Battle Creek. The Department of Pathology faculty serve as the Office of the Medical Examiner for counties throughout Michigan and northern Indiana.
The W.E. Upjohn M.D. Campus located in downtown Kalamazoo serves as the primary educational facility with faculty and administrative offices, student study and social spaces, team-based learning halls, a state-of-the-art Simulation Center accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, basic science research labs, as well as toxicology and forensic pathology labs.
WMed is building upon Kalamazoo’s century-long foundation of drug discovery and medical device development with a strategic investment in clinical, laboratory, community, and educational research. The Center for Immunobiology, Center for Clinical Research, Research Histology Lab, Innovation Center, and Human Research Protection Program contribute to the medical school’s advancement of knowledge through innovation and discovery.
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
How to Applyhttps://careers-wmich.icims.com/jobs/2030/maintenance-technician/job Use link to apply
70 total views, 1 today