Full-Time Maintenance Professional
The West Suburban YMCA is looking for an experienced maintenance professional to join our team. The hours we are looking for this position to fill include Saturday and Sunday shifts from 8:00AM-4:30PM. The ideal candidate is reliable and consistent. Want to be a part of a fun, community organization that makes a difference in people’s lives every day? Apply today!
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Professional shall assist in the day-to-day maintenance and housekeeping of the West Suburban YMCA and its facilities. The Maintenance Professional will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities including times of emergencies.
1. Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
2. Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational needs.
3. Valid Driver’s License.
4. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
5. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
6. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
7. Able to work independently and organize tasks to be completed in timely and efficient matter.
8. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
9. May set up furniture for events.
10. Maintenance on both Camp properties- Camp Chickami and CFAD.
11. Maintenance on pools.
1. Six months or more of related experience preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
3. Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
4. Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
5. Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
6. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
7. Valid drivers license.
8. Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly
holidays) depending on operational needs.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.
How to ApplyPlease visit www.wsyca.org/careers to apply through our Career Center.
16 total views, 1 today