Full-Time Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/x)
Are you passionate about applied machine learning research? Are you open-minded about approaches and techniques, willing to pick the best tool for the job? Would you like to work with an exciting live dataset spanning billions of rows?
Would you like to see how your insights and models influence the purchasing habits of millions of people?
Are you keen on working with world class teammates in a successful startup to bring a product to the market that will change a billion-Dollar industry? Well, this position might be just for you!
SO1 is the leading artificial intelligence for retail.
We are building a revolutionary AI promotion platform based on machine learning and seamless retail integration. The SO1 Engine learns autonomously about individual consumer’s preferences and their willingness-to-pay, providing real-time targeting across various media channels in the form of individual promotion feeds. Working with leading retailers in Europe and North America, SO1 has proven its superior ability to serve up the right offers to consumers while at the same time maximizing financial impact for retailers and globally recognized brands.
SO1 has been backed by high-profile investors with 8-figure investments and continues to focus on building the best AI for retail.
We offer our employees unique learning opportunities and the chance to take on important projects from day one.
- You will track the state of the art in various areas of Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Operations Research and Optimization
- You will come up with ideas for models, prototype them, deploy to production and run A/B tests
- You will develop mathematical abstractions covering business needs in flexible ways
- You will communicate ideas, capabilities and workflows to business stakeholders
- You will be working both independently and in small focus teams on the full project lifecycle – from project inception to monitoring production results
You are an open-minded polymath craving for transforming your ideas into real-world impact.
- A curious, creative, analytical mindset open for ideas coming from: psychology, neuroscience, econometry, statistics, physics, machine learning and data science
- Love for rapid, hands-on prototyping with tight feedback loops
- Strong familiarity with fundamental statistics, probability theory, information theory, linear algebra
- Experience in building custom ML algorithms and pipelines from scratch
- Python, SQL coding skills
- Strong core computer science, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with very large datasets and live production systems
- Experience with gradient boosting and/or deep learning
- Experience with either of: representation learning, semi-supervised learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing, ranking & recommendation, metaheuristics and optimization, generative models
Bonus points for
- Public activity in the ML scene (papers, conferences, meetups, videos, open source projects)
- Coding skills in any of: C++, Matlab, R, Scala
- Background in research/fintech/adtech
OUR OFFER TO YOU
- A multi-terabyte, rich dataset of customer behaviors
- Tight feedback loops within a real-time system
- A wide selection of projects, from large-scale prediction, through uplift measurement to anomaly detection
- Highly energetic environment and very smart colleagues in all fields: ML, computer science and business
- Freedom to shape your role and significantly impact the company’s direction and future
- High performance-based compensation
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact
- The flavor of a startup (free drinks & snacks, team events, rooftop terrace, etc.) combined with the professionalism of seasoned veterans
YOUR NEW TEAM
We are a diverse team of about 30 software engineers, devops, machine learners, data scientists, and business people. All united in their desire to achieve something great and change the promotion game for good. We operate in small teams, with flat hierarchies. We love cooking together in the kitchen and having fun with barbeques on our rooftop terrace. At SO1, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce and inclusive community feel. As an equal-opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or background.
We are very much looking forward to your application. Please send your CV including earliest possible entry to the SO1 recruitment team.
By submitting your CV and application information, you authorize SO1 to transmit and store your information in the SO1 recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies within SO1.
How to ApplyPlease apply using this link: https://so1berlin.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06bfm?source=PinkJobs Or get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
55 total views, 1 today