Full-Time Logistics Manager-Remote
Logistics Manager – Remote
About the Company
Headquartered in West Sacramento, Origin Materials is the world’s leading carbon negative materials company. Origin’s mission is to enable the world’s transition to sustainable materials. Over the past 10 years, Origin has developed a platform for turning the carbon found in non-food biomass into useful materials, while capturing carbon in the process. Origin’s patented drop-in core technology, economics and carbon impact have been validated by trusted third parties and are supported by a growing list of major global customers and investors. Origin’s first plant is expected to be operational in 2023 with a second, full-scale commercial plant expected to be operational by 2025 and plans for additional expansion over the next decade. For more information, visit www.originmaterials.com.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. When you take a job at Origin, you do more than switch companies or advance your career. You become part of the Origin community: an inclusive group of hardworking, uniquely talented people who drive innovation.
Benefits and Perks
You will work with great people. You will be joining a close-knit group of A+ players who like to hustle, create, and work hard because we believe in Origin’s mission: to enable the world’s transition to sustainable materials.
You will make a difference. We’re working on big things, so every person has the opportunity to make an impact.
You will grow. There are endless opportunities at Origin to learn and improve. You’ll be surrounded by great minds and presented with big challenges. And you and your teammates will push one another to overcome those challenges.
You will enjoy excellent benefits. We offer a wide range of insurance including Medical and Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life, as well as a 401k, EAP, and generous leave.
You will have flexibility. We don’t believe in one size fits all when it comes to work location and schedule. We care about safety and efficiency so work where and when you are at your best. Also, we recognize our team works hard so we want you to take time off when you need it. That’s why we have a flexible time off policy.
About the Position:
Origin Materials (OM) is building out our supply chain function to support expansion and rapid growth plans. We are seeking a Logistics Manager to support our global supply chain logistical requirements. This is a great opportunity to help develop the global logistical requirements and function in support of OM’s growth.
The position will support OM’s global supply chain / logistical needs and development activities for inbound and outbound shipments. This includes plant, vendor, & toll manufacturing logistical activities, warehousing, carrier/forwarder development and interactions, logistics asset management (ISOtanks, railcars, etc.) and development of processes and procedures.
This position interacts directly with various stakeholders at OM plants as well as with toll manufacturers, raw material suppliers, logistic service providers, logistics asset providers, and with various OM functional areas.
The candidate should expect a start-up environment which requires attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills to help deliver on the company’s strategy and goals. This is an opportunity to utilize existing skills and learn new skills with a high growth company.
- Develop and manage cost effective, service focused carriers/forwarders to meet OM’s global logistical requirements.
- Manage air, parcel, LTL, truckload, ocean container, rail, etc. transportation modes.
- Manage inventory levels at Sarnia and toller locations within defined guidelines.
- Analyze pricing and/or bids for cost effective solutions. Maintain supplier pricing database.
- Track purchase order shipments and other shipments from order to delivery.
- Establish and manage warehousing based on OM defined requirements.
- Based on defined terms/Incoterms, coordinate shipments with designated forwarders & logistics providers.
- Be part of the supply chain management team that maps out the path forward for Origin Materials.
- Conscientious and detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization as well as external stakeholders and partners.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with a proven ability to consistently meet deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced matrix organization.
- Team-oriented with the ability to work effectively across all functions within the company.
- College degree preferably in supply chain or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a logistics management role covering all transportation modes.
- Prefer experience in the chemicals manufacturing industry.
- Prefer experience with Canada-USA border crossing and international logistics.
- Familiarity with NetSuite or related ERP systems. ERP implementation a plus.
- Knowledge, skills, and ability in transportation/logistics principles, procedures and practices.
This position is a Level 3 at Origin Materials. The pay range for this position level at Origin Materials is $78,200 – $121,000. This range is not necessarily a guarantee of actual compensation that may be earned nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on relevant experience, education and other factors.
How to ApplyApply HERE
34 total views, 2 today