Part-Time LitClub Mentor
At LitWorld, our mission is to strengthen children and communities through the power of their own stories. We are committed to creating a world of equity and opportunity by harnessing the transformative potential of children’s stories, diverse reading and writing experiences, and mentor relationships. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we address the challenge of illiteracy globally by collaborating with grassroots organizations to implement innovative solutions that empower young people. LitWorld empowers children to lead lives filled with independence, hope, and joy.
LitWorld is seeking a qualified contractor to serve as a part-time LitClub Mentor in New York City. This position is estimated at approximately 10 hours per week during after-school hours (roughly 2pm – 6pm, Tuesday through Thursday). The contractor will serve as an in-person mentor within our NYC LitClub programs, engaging with participants, providing feedback, and supporting the mission of fostering literacy and empowerment.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact through education and mentorship, and if you possess the qualifications and dedication to excel in this dynamic role, we invite you to submit your application by the specified deadline outlined below. Join us in our journey to create a world of equity and opportunity by harnessing the power of stories and literacy.
- Prepare and facilitate weekly LitClub sessions, creating a safe and nurturing environment for participants.
- Provide regular mentor feedback reports to the site coordinator and LitWorld supervisor.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings with fellow LitWorld mentors and the site coordinator
- Document LitClub sessions through photography and submit session summaries to the site coordinator and LitWorld supervisor.
- Collaborate with the site coordinator to address challenges and plan LitClub activities.
- Maintain participant data and attendance records on a weekly basis.
- Administer leadership surveys for each LitClub member and facilitate student surveys at the curriculum’s start and end.
- The contractor role pays $35 per hour.
Our ideal timeline is to have a contractor start by September 25th for training and executing in the role by early October. This short-term role is anticipated to conclude by mid-December. However, individuals looking to transition into a full-time position will be considered and encouraged to apply at this link (https://bit.ly/3Z8VHWm).
The ideal contractor should have
- 2+ years of classroom teaching and/or youth development experience in historically marginalized schools or community-based programs
- Ability to manage and leverage relationships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong organizational skills and an exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated success managing multiple projects at once
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across diverse stakeholders
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Self-motivated, flexible, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
How to ApplyHow to Apply To apply for consideration, use this link to submit your application and direct all questions to Liz Peinado at email@example.com. Applications are due by 5:00pm ET on September 13, 2023, submissions after this date will not receive priority review. Selection Process All application submissions received by the deadline will be reviewed and receive a response. The top three or four candidates will be invited to a 60-minute conversation to meet with LitWorld. In the conversation, LitWorld will have a few questions, and you will have a minimum of 15 minutes to ask any questions about the organization. Three references will be requested of you after the interview. Final decisions will be made, and all applicants will be notified by September 21, 2023. Offers will be contingent upon a background check and proof of vaccination. RCG Talent Solutions RCG Talent Solutions matches talent with mission-driven organizations so that they can create real impact, together. RCG Talent Solutions is partnering with LitWorld in the development and implementation of this RFI process. By submitting this online application form, you consent to be contacted via email with important updates and other information from RCG Talent Solutions.
58 total views, 1 today