Are you looking to make a difference by improving the health of our patients? Here you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. We are committed to helping the population we serve, and our communities achieve optimum health and enjoy the best quality of life possible. Recently named a Forbes America’s Best-In-State Employer 2022!SIGN-ON BONUS Available (connect with our Talent Acquisition team on eligibility requirements)
The License Practical Nurse (LPN) will work Regular Full-Time Evenings, 3PM – 11PM and will conduct the assignment of nursing care on an assigned resident care unit (s), including the dispensing of medications. Provide direct nursing care to residents at the facility to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
- Documentation – records pertinent data in a clinical record
- Medication administration
- Implementation of each resident plan of care
- Monitoring resident physical and psychological status-documents and reports concerns to supervising RN
- The Licensed Practical Nurse directs the Nurse Aides and Resident assistants regarding resident care practices
- Ensuring each resident’s care plan is understood by direct care givers
- Maintaining an environment conducive to providing quality of care
- The Licensed Practical Nurse gives and receives nursing report at the beginning and ending of shift
- Attends Resident Care Conference as directed by Nurse Care Coordinator
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities as directed
- The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for completion of documentation of daily supervisor report on the status of resident conditions as per facility polices and protocols
- The Licensed Practical Nurse follows Standards of Practice and facility policies and protocols for medication and treatment administration.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the narcotics cabinet, the maintenance of records, the receipt and use of narcotics when assigned as med nurse.
- Must follow the established infection control procedures
- The Licensed Practical Nurse assists in all other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor. This includes providing care and assisting with residents as needed. You may be required to work on other shifts or units as needed to maintain acceptable staffing levels
- The Licensed Practical Nurse participates in In-service education programs and in continuing education programs designed to keep abreast of changes in the nursing profession, keep LPN license current and provide a copy for personnel file.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse ensures each resident is treated with dignity and respect and report any concerns with resident care and treatment to Administration in accordance with facility policy
- Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent to resident care and employee information and follow HIPAA and HIV regulations
- Staff must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
Bassett Healthcare Network follows the New York State and New York State Department of Health COVID-19 vaccine mandates for healthcare workers. This mandate requires COVID-19 vaccinations for personnel working for or on behalf of our hospitals and nursing homes. The New York State mandate allows for medical exemptions and religious accommodations, when appropriate. All candidates who accept an offer from Bassett Healthcare Network will be required to show proof of vaccination as required by New York State.
- Current, Valid New York State LPN License
- BLS certification required, facility will facilitate recertifying BLS for any non-current certifications within 30 days of hire
- Strong patient teaching skills
- Knowledge of growth and development across the life span with the ability to use that knowledge to individualize delivery of care
Our commitment to our employees includes benefit programs that are designed to meet the various needs across our employee population.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our network, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through employee contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location and/or position.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, status a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.