Full-Time LIBRARY WEB AND SYSTEMS SPECIALIST – 32117
235 work days
Salary Range: $54,093-$65,593
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Design and maintain technical solutions and provide integrated sources of data, in collaboration with team members, to meet the needs of the Library Services Department and school based library staff who facilitate student and educator access to Highly Effective School LIbrary Programs in Denver Public Schools. Provide high quality customer service on-site, online and phone-based computer assistance to end users of District systems, in a tiered support environment. Develop processes and user-centered designs for department websites and dashboards which integrate and manage data from various sources including purchasing, the Destiny Integrated Library System (ILS), subscription databases in order to support the work of Library Services, data-driven decision making and facilitate students’ and teachers’ equitable access to digital literacy, the 4Cs, inquiry and lifelong learning. Assist schools in planning, designing and implementing their library web sites. Configure, install, monitor and maintain IT users’ desktop software and hardware (both windows and MAC); support mobile workforce.
– Adapts to change appropriately, responds to feedback and coaching. Maintains hardware and software that serve the web sites and their components and understands their impact on the functioning of the team. Demonstrates excellent customer service and collaborative mindset through troubleshooting Mac and PC clients and servers hardware components and peripherals for department and in school libraries.
– Install, configure, and provide basic user training for enterprise software (e.g., Destiny library system, email, DPS-hosted and non-DPS-hosted web-based applications, web browsers, office productivity suites), and current Apple and Microsoft client operating systems.
– Shows creativity in applying knowledge and seeks innovative solutions which integrate different sources of data into a user-friendly format.
– Seeks clarity and direction to ensure decisions have desired impact.
– Applies knowledge and skills to achieve results with impact by administering, configuring and maintaining systems that support the mission of Library Systems, such as our Integrated Library System (Follett Destiny) and OverDrive eBooks, in collaboration with Sr. Technical Systems team members.
– Uses a variety of software tools to extract and manipulate data from various sources in service of the mission of Highly Effective School Library programs.
– Demonstrates accountability to plans and milestones while designing, testing, launching, and monitoring web sites, including backups, updates and changes.
– Develops customized user services and solutions using vendor APIs to address Library needs including, but not limited to the Destiny ILS, subscription based library databases, and eBook platforms.
– Demonstrates positivity and optimism in interactions with others.
– Actively participates as a team member through troubleshooting and upgrading systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality (usability, usefulness, stability and desirability) and security issue resolution in consultation with district team members and related vendors.
– Consult with users, research and recommend technology strategies and hardware purchases.
– Develops positive relationships amongst vendors (serving as a technical liason of assigned systems), coworkers and customers.
– Assist and advise staff and administration with policy changes related to assigned systems, in alignment with department beliefs around increasing students’ and teachers’ equitable access to programs and services.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 3+ years in IT work experience building dynamic websites, and supporting/troubleshooting desktop software and hardware products.
– Experience supporting an Integrated Library Systems, Follett Destiny preferred.
– Thorough knowledge of online integrated library systems (preferably school library systems such as Destiny), bibliographic utilities (OCLC), databases, eBooks (especially Overdrive) and networks.
– Knowledge of user-centered design methodology, user scenarios, usability testing, storyboarding, and prototyping. Current knowledge of new web technologies and their processes.
– Proven experience with SQL databases, writing queries and scripts.
– Hands on experience with multiple operating systems at both the workstation and server level including platform/browser compatiability, and basic usability issues.
– Ability to handle confidential information with integrity.
– Knowledge of Microsoft, Macintosh, and Google applications with proven ability to learn new systems and applications quickly.
– Proven ability to troubleshoot, isolate and diagnose technical and user problems.- Ability to communicate diplomatically, persuasively, effectively in oral, and written communications and through presentations (at both a technical and nontechnical level depending on audience) in order to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders/customers and vendors in designing solutions.
– Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail. Ability to set goals, work independently and drive results.
– Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students, in a way that contributes to a positive, productive team.
– Ability to multi-task and juggle management of several high-priority projects in parallel.
– Web Development certification preferred. Microsoft (MTA, MCSD), Adobe, etc.
– Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Graphic Design, Library Science or other related field preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/yb8gy46d
62 total views, 2 today