Full-Time Legal Clerk Intern
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
The Legal Clerk assists Attorneys with legal business matters pertaining to particular business units. Performs legal research; drafts contracts and legal communications.
Benefits from on the job training and mentoring along with participation in team projects, community service events, social outings, and professional development s eminars. Receives the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepares legal drafts, opinions and other legal documents.
* Assists Attorneys in preparing for transactions, negotiations, trials and meetings.
* Coordinates legal matters handled by Outside Counsel.
* Contribute individually and/or as a team member to support a designated functional area, analyze business processes, and work towards goals and objectives assigned by an experienced manager.
* Interact with, support business partners, and participate in projects that directly impact business value.
* Build professional relationships and enhance interpersonal skills.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Requires completion of at least one year of law school; L2 preferred
* Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and time management skills
* Knowledge of document preparation
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and legal software applications
* Knowledge of legal and/or regulatory research techniques and tools
* Understanding of technical legal terminology
* Ability to write legal/regulatory documents, summaries, and other correspondence
* Displays good written and oral communication skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
* Demonstrates strong computer skills including a good working knowledge of MS Office
* Additional skills, knowledge, and experience may be required based on the type of functions the incumbent will perform
* Declared degree in a related field
* Minimum Cumulative GPA Requirement: 3.0
Entry-level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically does not require prior related experience.
Black Knight is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Salary: US$32204 – US$33204 per year
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZGNhbXBiZWxsLjI2Mjk0LjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
130 total views, 1 today