Full-Time Learning & Innovation Coordinator
Learning & Innovation Coordinator
Job Title: Learning & Innovation Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Learning & Innovation
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000, annually
Starting: October 2022
Deadline to Apply: September 12, 2022
Status: Full Time (40 hours/week)
About Generation Hope:
Generation Hope is a nonprofit organization with a mission to ensure all student parents have the opportunities to succeed and experience economic mobility by engaging education and policy partners to drive systemic change and providing direct support to teen parents in college as well as their children through holistic, two-generation programming. To date we have provided more than $1 million in tuition assistance, supported 275 teen parents in college, celebrated more than 100 degrees earned through our program, and built relationships with 20+ two and four-year institutions around the DC Metro region as well as other institutions across the country. For more information, please visit: www.generationhope.org.
We are one of the “best non-profits in the region.” Read below to learn why.
By joining our team, you will be working for an organization named “one of the best nonprofits in the Washington, DC region” by the Catalogue for Philanthropy. Not only do we live out and operationalize our values, we have done the work to create a culture that truly supports every member of our staff. The best part of our organization is the people, from the families we serve to the team we have deliberately cultivated. We strive for excellence while understanding the most valuable asset that we have is our people. We celebrate diversity in all of its forms, including thought, professional and lived experiences, race, gender – even taste in music. If this sounds like a mission and work environment you would like to contribute to and grow with, please consider joining our team.
The Learning & Innovation Coordinator works with the Director of Learning & Innovation in the coordination and execution of Generation Hope’s FamilyU technical assistance program, which provides consulting to higher education institutions and organizations to build their capacity to better serve parenting college students including a cohort program for select institutions that helps to create more family-friendly campuses across the country. This position is responsible for supporting the Learning & Innovation Department including all FamilyU efforts such as convenings, workshops, presentations, logistics, etc. The ideal candidate will have the demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and be flexible and highly organized. In addition, exceptional written and oral communication skills, high attention to detail, project planning, and time management are required.
● Provide administrative support to the Learning & Innovation Department by maintaining contact lists and the department calendar and responding to and fielding inquiries, as appropriate.
● Assist in preparing drafted meeting materials, agendas, and PowerPoint decks for
convenings, trainings, and workshops.
● Update the customer relationship management database with contacts after meetings
and initial correspondence to ensure they are receiving organizational updates.
● Take notes for internal and external meetings, when appropriate.
● Support the FamilyU Cohort and Student Parent Fellow selection process, including
communicating with applicants, compiling applications for review, and managing the
● Support the Learning & Innovation team in maintaining organized databases, such as
Excel spreadsheets, MailChimp, and Little Green Light.
● Purchase and keep inventory of any needed equipment and supplies for the department and for trainings and convenings.
● Manage and maintain technical assistance client documents (i.e. contracts, assessments, intake forms) and requests.
● Provide support for generating contracts, invoicing clients, setting up payment
● Support the creation of surveys and evaluations and assist with data collection and
● Maintain project timelines and communicate deadlines and needs with relevant team
members to ensure project completion. Event Management
● Lead the logistical coordination and execution of in-person events, such as convenings, trainings, and campus/site visits, including working with vendors including caterers, A/V, etc.
● Serve as the main point of contact for our travel agency, coordinating travel
arrangements for staff and participants where appropriate.
● Create and maintain templates for all events, such as the run-of-show, talking points, agendas, etc., and ensure they are saved and organized in our digital file system.
● Provide general administrative support for events, such as event set up, making copies of materials, compiling folders, mailing event materials, etc.
● Support the department in delivering virtual programming including, but not limited to, finding the best platforms to execute trainings and serving as technical support.
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops,
reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
● Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
● Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Generation Hope’s
● At least 2 years experience in administrative support
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and
administrative experience preferred
● Experience with conducting complex virtual meetings, including video platforms such as Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
● When travel resumes, travel at least on a quarterly basis is likely
● Knowledge and experience in higher education is preferred
● Meticulous approach to administrative tasks
● Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
● Proficiency with office technology (MS Office and Google Suite) and equipment,
including fax machines, printers, copiers, scanners, and computers
● Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
● Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
● Comfort representing the organization with leaders across sectors
● Exceptional leadership and organizational abilities
● Exceptionally detail-oriented, organized and deadline-driven
● Desire to work in a highly entrepreneurial and mission-driven organization
● Personal and professional commitment to understanding and dismantling systemic and institutional racism
CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN WASHINGTON, D.C., VIRGINIA, OR MARYLAND BEFORE THE
EMPLOYMENT START DATE.
Generation Hope is working fully remote now due to COVID-19 and even when we resume normal operations, we will have a hybrid remote and in-office work model.
Generation Hope provides full benefits, including 403(b), health, dental, and paid time off. More information about the benefits of working at Generation Hope can be found at
To apply, please complete the online application. If this link does not work, you can access the application at this URL: https://Generation_Hope.formstack.com/forms/apply_now. Please do not call.
Generation Hope is an equal opportunity employer. Generation Hope will not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health decisions), age, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, and disability.
How to ApplyTo apply, please complete the online application. If this link does not work, you can access the application at this URL: https://Generation_Hope.formstack.com/forms/apply_now. Please do not call.
888 total views, 0 today