Full-Time Lead Teacher – Onsite
Excited about this role, but don’t meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We’d still love for you to apply! Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being, and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Questions or concerns? Contact re********@ca*****************.org, we’d be happy to connect!
You can do the work you love, be your authentic self, and make an impact in the lives of thousands. We believe in a culture rooted in community, collaboration, and growth. As an agency we are inspired by our Mission of bringing hope to life, especially those most in need.
$17.25 – $19.00 hr.
Sign On Bonus:
Medical, dental, life, flexible spending, EAP, retirement & vol benefits including vision, ltd, life insurance, critical illness, injury accident & ID theft protection. Bereavement leave, education assistance program. Discretionary longevity award of 1.5% of annual salary starting after 5 years of service. 12 days of PTO. 1 personal day. 6 paid holidays and 5 optional unpaid holidays
The Lead Teacher is responsible to plan and implement activities that promote the social, physical and intellectual growth of children. The Lead Teacher is also responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities of the children; communication with parents; and maintaining the classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness.
Create and maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Maintain inventory and upkeep of both center and classroom supplies and materials
- Report needed repairs and maintenance to appropriate personnel
- Provide a safe, developmentally appropriate indoor and outdoor learning environment
- Apply health standards and care for the children and classroom
Plan & provide curriculum through normal care giving routines
- Establish a learning environment to build and enhance each childs self-esteem and positive self-concept.
- Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, creativity, exploration and problem solving appropriate to the developmental level and learning style of each child.
- Prepare monthly, weekly and daily activity plans and insure progress towards completion.
- Implement positive guidance practices that teach and meet the individual temperaments of each child.
- Observe, document and assess individual and group needs, interests, and skills.
Provide family support to parents of the children
- Plan, promote and implement family involvement
- Maintain open, friendly and cooperative verbal and written communication with each childs family.
- Provide parents with information, resources and referrals as needed
Foster positive discipline and communication in the classroom
- Guide and sustain positive interactions between children and adults
- Maintain an atmosphere that encourages open communication with children and adults.
- Provide opportunities and support for children to understand, acquire, and use verbal and non-verbal means of communicating thoughts and feelings.
Create and maintain a professional team environment
- Submit attendance records and required paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality of children, families and staff
- Appropriately supervise and delegate duties to classroom staff, initiating and encouraging teamwork among adults in the room and center
- Evaluate teaching assistants performance
Implement, support, and promote guidelines and procedures to CA/N, Positive Guidance and Nurture Care
Conduct developmental screenings share results with parents
Continue professional development
- Participate in required training and share information with other staff as requested.
- Participate in scheduled supervision, required meetings and retreats
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, orientation and training employees
- Complete performance appraisals as required
- Supervision of Teacher Assistants and meet at a minimum monthly
- Maintains appropriate staffing in classroom to meet ratios from open to close
- Approve Timesheets
- In collaboration with supervisor, handle employee disciplinary actions
- Monthly Team Meetings at minimum
Participate in Center activities and other duties as requested
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of this position. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet one or more of the requirements, but who can perform the essential function of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
This position normally requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting or performing other work requiring medium physical exertion, talking and hearing and adequate vision on a regular basis to perform the job requirements. These physical demands are required up to 95% of the time.
- Associates degree in ECE or Performance Development Plan
- 2 years child care experience preferred
- Infant/Toddler Specialist preferred
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Supervision of adults, classroom planning, and management
- Training in Creative Curriculum
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Valid WA drivers license, and agency required agency minimum liability insurance
- Valid food handlers card
- Valid First Aid and CPR card
- Verification of a negative TB test
- Proof of 1 MMR
- Bloodbourne Pathogens Training
- Renew Annual Trainings Safe Sleep; Shaken Baby
- 30 hour STARS Training Childcare basics (or proof of exemption)
- 10 hours STARS Annual Training
- Enhancing Qualify of Early Learning In Service STARS Training with 6 months of hire
Employment is conditional upon:
- Being cleared by criminal background check and fingerprinting when required
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please submit a current resume to email@example.com or by applying through this site.
61 total views, 0 today