Full-Time LEAD SPECIALIST, FAMILY EMPOWERMENT AND TITLE 1 – 31532
FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (FACE)
235 work days
Salary Range: $54,093-$65,593
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Lead Specialist, Family Empowerment and Title 1, will be responsible for the development, management and implementation of essential system functions to support maximum community and family engagement in Denver Public Schools. Key priorities and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
– Supports Title 1 Priority Schools with integrated intensive supports:
Parent Teacher Home Visit and Academic Standards Events
Community Progress Monitoring
School Governance (CSC, Title 1, ELA-PAC, etc.)
Coaching Community and Family Engagement Liaisons
Serving as thought partner to School Leader for Family and Community Engagement needs
– Develops and implements Family Leadership Institute.
– Supports activities at other Title 1 Schools as needed.
– Supports top tier Title 1 Priority Schools with intensive Supports. Supporting their full and comprehensive implementation of best practice family and community engagement support, mentoring and providing technical assistance to school staff leading that work and working with school leaders to ensure the efforts align to the school’s vision of success.
– Develop and implements the Family Leadership Institute. Facilitating and leading a district-level event occurs four times throughout the year as a flagship effort to empower parents. Creating curriculum, materials and developing the overall course for parents. Leading an outreach campaign to bring 100-200 parents to each event for high-impact leadership development. Creating opportunities and capacity for workshops to occur at the school level through training school site based family engagement staff.
– Supports activities at other Title 1 schools as prioritized. Leading thought-partnership with other Family Empowerment staff and colleagues in ensuring all of our school support aligns to best practice work. Ensures Title 1 actions across the district align to our theory of action and implementation of school-based best practice.
– Leads the Parenting Partners National Training-Train the Trainers- Oversees the districtwide Trainer of Trainer (TOT) model and provides technical support to school sites.
– Develop and implements family engagement professional development resources. Co-facilitating and co- leading and creating curriculum, materials and developing overall supports for school leaders and educators to experience high quality professional development on best practices in family engagement. Collaborates closely with DPS’ Professional Learning, Culture Equity Leadership Team, and Culturally Relevant Education teams to ensure.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 3 years in Education systems.
– Experience in evaluation and systems management.
– Spanish-language preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree required.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/ya7thtuy
135 total views, 1 today