Full-Time Laboratory Director
Salary: $8,257 – $12,773 monthly
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD) in Hillsboro, Oregon has a career opportunity for a Laboratory Director. This position directs all activities of the Oregon State Public Health Laboratory, establishing policies and priorities, providing statewide leadership in science and laboratory practice, and directing the activities, priorities, and resources for the operations of the lab.
The position performs its work primarily on-site. There may be times that work will need to be conducted remotely. This position requires flexible work hours and may require travel in all weather conditions to various parts of the state. Some regional and out-of-state travel may be required.
This is a full-time position.
What will you do?
As the Laboratory Director, you will oversee all aspects of a large laboratory providing newborn screening, viral and general microbiology laboratories, and a lab accreditation program. You will provide overall vision, direction, and oversight to the State Public Health Laboratory. You are responsible for the clinical and test result administration of the laboratory to ensure the performance quality of laboratory services by defining, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining standards of performance excellence. In addition, you will be responsible for setting and monitoring laboratory objectives; writing and implementing proposals and grants; securing and maintaining funding resources to complete laboratory goals and objectives; providing statewide leadership in science and laboratory practice; modernizing the laboratory, and assuring the submission of necessary reports and documentation for grantors and advisory groups. This position is mission-critical.
The Center for Public Health Practice houses programs that work with county public health departments, particularly related to communicable disease control and public health emergencies. This includes the State Public Health Laboratory, acute and communicable disease, immunization, and preparedness.
What’s in it for you?
The public health division is a team of passionate individuals working to promote health across the lifespan of individuals, families, and communities. We value and support unique perspectives using a trauma-informed approach and aim to reflect these values in our hiring practices, professional development, and workplace. We are committed to racial equity as a driving factor to improve health outcomes for all communities that experience inequities.
Our benefits include:
- We offer exceptional medical, vision and dental benefits packages for you and your qualified family members, with very low monthly out-of-pocket costs. Try this free virtual benefits counselor by clicking here: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/pebb/pages/alex.aspx
- Paid Leave Days:
- 11 paid holidays each year
- 3 additional paid “Personal Business Days” each year
- 8 hours of paid sick leave accumulated every month
- Progressive vacation leave accrual with increases every 5 years
- Pension and Retirement plans
- Optional benefits include short-term disability, long-term disability, deferred compensation savings program, and flexible spending accounts for health care and childcare expenses.
- Click here to learn more about State of Oregon benefits.
What are we looking for?
Six (6) years of Public Health laboratory management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following areas:
- a) development of program rules and policies,
- b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans,
- c) program evaluation, and
- d) budget preparation.
A doctorate degree and a graduate degree in public health or other administrative field (MPH or MPA), and a record of independent scientific work and publication.
Under federal law, the incumbent must meet special qualifications for a laboratory director of high complexity testing at 42 CFR 493.1443(b)(3)(i); the laboratory director must hold an earned doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution and be certified and continue to be certified by a board approved by HHS. Click here for more information and a current list of approved boards: https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/CLIA/Certification_Boards_Laboratory_Directors
The ideal candidate will be an experienced lab scientist as well as a thought leader and supervisor of a large staff.
- Experience with public health, program management, community relations and public health administration.
- Experience or working knowledge of the roles of public health in state and local government.
- Experience with medical laboratory management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders, incorporate community input, and implement programs and policies that further health equity.
- Considerable leadership experience and demonstrated personnel management experience related to the motivation, management, direction, coordination, and review of the work of professional, technical, and clerical personnel.
- Knowledge of budgeting, contracting, and financial management processes related to public health compliance and efficient use of resources.
- Ability to facilitate Public Health’s emerging role in achieving health equity.
- Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
How to ApplyPlease visit the following link: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Hillsboro--OHA--Evergreen-Parkway/Laboratory-Director--Principle-Executive-Manager-G----Hillsboro--OR_REQ-122125 Close Date: 04/02/2023
134 total views, 0 today