Full-Time Java Developer Supervisor
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Manages a Java Software Engineer team responsible for the design, development and implementation of java web service applications following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures ‘best practice’ development techniques. Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of Black Knight’s mortgage web service platform that interacts with mortgage application programs and products having impact on improving the business. The Java Developer Supervisor will lead and manage a team of Java Developers in an enterprise software company.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordinates Java systems analysis and applications development activities through direct and indirect staff.
* Partners with business and technology leadership to define, prioritize and achieve strategic objectives related to approval application development projects and platforms.
* Identifies opportunities to deliver business value through business process improvement, organizational change and/or technology integration.
* Manages a Scrum Team and acts as a Scrum Master.
* Analyzes project risks and benefits to make relevant recommendations to business and technology leadership team.
* Manages end-to-end application scoping, sizing, estimating, analyzing cross-impacts, planning, development, implementation and post implementation maintenance and support.
* Directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
* Participates in quality improvement activities for the development organization.
* Implements best practices to ensure that all core IT functions are fully documented, supportable, and in compliance with applicable regulations.
* Ensures systems are kept at current software levels and evaluate the costs/benefits of upgrades for applications.
* Coordinates the Test Driven Development (TDD) as well as formal functional and performance testing processes.
* Develops processes and tools that encourage continuous performance improvements.
* Regularly communicate the status of application development to all impacted stakeholders, set expectations and manage team members.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* 5 or more years Java / J2EE programming experience desired
* Desired past technical background in Springboot, React JS, SQL Server, Tomcat, RESTful services, and/or Eclipse a plus
* Experience managing a Scrum Team or acting as a Scrum Master a plus
* Experience with TFS a plus
* Knowledge of Java designing, coding, testing and debugging skills
* Extensive knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
* Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
* Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
* Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike.
* Experience with project management
* Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
* Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
Applications Development Supervisor
First level supervisory role. Works with limited latitude under general direction of senior level management. Has proven leadership skills and proficiency in development with a preferred focus on applications development. Typically supervises and mentors project leads and/or technical staff in applications development functions. Typically requires up to three (3) or more years of application development experience and two (2) or more years of experience in a lead role and/or directing others.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmZsYWdnLjkzMzU0LjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
21 total views, 1 today