Full-Time IT System Administration – Journey (Salesforce Platform Administrator – Three positions)
Safe communities for Washington State
Promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco, cannabis and vapor laws
This recruitment is open until filled. First review of applications will be August 02, 2023. The hiring authority reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. We encourage all to apply as early as possible.
This position is currently eligible to telework. This position will be working on a team that works remotely and only in the office as needed. This may change based on business needs.
Who we are
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration, education and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business-initiated process improvement.
Our commitment to DEIB
The WSLCB strives to promote Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) in all aspects of our work. This includes a commitment to our workforce and external stakeholders.
It is our mission to build, educate, and inspire an inclusive environment that recognizes, respects, and celebrates diversity in the workplace and in the community we serve. We are committed to maintaining a thriving culture where employees and those we serve feel safe and accepted regardless of education, background, or beliefs. As a WSLCB team member, you will have opportunity to join statewide business resource groups (BRGs) such as, Rainbow Alliance and Inclusion Network, Veteran Employee Resource Group, Latino Leadership Network, Blacks United in Leadership and Diversity, Disability Inclusion Network, Washington Immigrant Network and Hawaiians, Asians, and Pacific Islanders Promoting an Empowerment Network.
The WSLCB Information Technology Services Division is announcing an exciting opportunity for IT System Administration – Journey (Salesforce Platform Administrator – Three positions) at Olympia, WA. One of these positions is Permanent and two are Project appointments. The project appointments are anticipated to last through June 30, 2025. These positions report to the Salesforce Application Manager in the WSLCB’s Information Technology Services Division (ITSD).
The position serves and complements the WSLCB’s mission and goals by ensuring that critical business systems are designed, developed, secured, and maintained to support the execution of the agency’s mission. The Salesforce Application team consists of the WSLCB’s Salesforce and Azure application developers, system administrators and business analysts.
In this role, you will be responsible for the administration, configuration, maintenance and minor development of Licensing, Education, Enforcement and Administrative Data Systems (LEEADS) Salesforce components and applications. You will plan and define the current and future enterprise licensing of Salesforce solutions, participate in design of multiple sub-applications for solutions and integrations. You will also coordinate, build, and document enhancements and maintenance of applications and all inter-system and inter-agency interactions with Salesforce.
If you have an interest in performing Salesforce platform administration and configuration of custom Salesforce components, we encourage you to apply to be a part of the WLSCB team!
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- A comprehensive benefits package (including but not limited to Medical/Dental/Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance etc.)
- Paid Vacation, Leave, and Holidays
- Tuition Waiver (enrollment in courses at state universities/colleges on a space availability basis – all or a portion of the tuition/fees may be waived for state employees)
- Tuition reimbursement (courses taken with prior approval in order to further employee’s career development with the WSLCB)
- Training and career development programs (including online courses and LinkedIn Learning)
- A healthy work/life balance (this may include flexible/alternative work schedules and telework/remote work opportunities, when possible)
- Employee Assistance Program – confidential program created to promote the health, safety and well-being of public service employees
- Generous wellness program (we offer reimbursements for certain fitness related activities)
- Onsite exercise facility (for employees working at WSLCB Headquarter Building in Olympia)
- Infants at Work Program to promote parent and infant bonding, parental well-being and healthy infant development. Depending on your job duties, work location and supervisor approval, eligible employees who are new mothers, fathers or legal guardians can bring their infant (six weeks to six months) when they return to work.
- Free parking
Some of the duties you will perform are:
- Design, build, test, document, and train technical staff on high-performance, reusable, and reliable Salesforce components, modules, and applications using the most appropriate Salesforce automation tool (Visual flow, Lightning component, Apex code, etc.) and using best practices as well as business needs using Agile methodology.
- Build solutions using configuration, administration, and some custom development on the Salesforce platform. Adopt a configuration first approach in building Salesforce-based solutions using Service Cloud and other Salesforce Cloud offerings.
- Configure and develop custom objects, workflows, triggers, migration tools, SOQL and REST-based web services.
- Securely Integrate Service Cloud solution with other systems using integration tools supported by Salesforce.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements that translate customer needs into well architected Salesforce technology solutions that support the agency’s strategic goals and best leverage Salesforce.
- Effectively mentor, train, coach, counsel, and motivate system administrators and other technical staff on the Salesforce platform to consistently achieve high performance and efficiency.
- Participate in the design and implementation of architectural application components, APIs and web services for re-usable components.
- Provide system analysis, consult, supervise, and support system failures of small to complex information systems and integrations independently.
- Plan, design, document, review, and administer configurations to create, enhance or fix application components.
- Coordinate with COTS and SaaS vendors, application administrators and technical staff on defining technical integration, logging, reporting and security requirements, implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and security patches.
- Research, write and propose enterprise application architecture and configuration standards based on industry best practices for design, configuration, and development on Salesforce.
- Ensure all components and features have been tested, verified, and approved in appropriate Salesforce sandbox environment.
- Participate in establish agency standard Salesforce administration tools and framework.
- Provide functional architecture strategy and guidance for all Salesforce rollouts.
- Ensure functional Salesforce life cycle architecture strategy, standards and guidance for all Salesforce rollouts are designed, documented, communicated, and updated on a regular basis.
Four (4) years of demonstrated experience as an application architect and developer.
Progressive experience and knowledge in following areas:
- Salesforce automation tools, e.g., Visual Flow, JSON, etc.
- Implementing system changes using Agile methodologies.
- Supporting and maintaining a Salesforce platform using a configuration first approach.
- SOQL, RESTful API based web services, and Service Cloud.
- Software Development Life Cycle standards and methodologies.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Salesforce systems within an enterprise architecture framework.
- Developing, designing, reviewing, and deploying configurations.
- Applying contract management principles to third-party vendor support/service agreements.
- Applying National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security guidelines to daily operating activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college or university in Data Science, Information Technology, Web Development, Computer Science, or related field.
- Working experience in, and demonstrable advanced-level knowledge and experience in .NET Framework, MVC, C#.
- Have 4+ years of experience directly working with of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Community, Marketing, Financial and Community Clouds, Public Sector Foundation.
- Current Salesforce Advance Administrator or Architect Certification.
- Recent experience in building Lightning applications and using Lightning Design System, Lightning Implementation(s).
- Experience with Git and Salesforce DX deployment life cycle.
- Working-level knowledge of Cloud Architecture and recent experience developing using PaaS, SaaS, IaaS with focus on scalability, security, and integration challenges.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed online application.
- Current Resume.
- Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with email addresses and phone numbers.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of cannabis, useable cannabis, or cannabis-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of cannabis, useable cannabis, or cannabis-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from job seekers with diverse backgrounds. Honoring diversity, equity and inclusion means that as an agency, and as individuals, we are committed to ensuring that all employees enjoy a respectful, safe, and supportive working environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. You are welcome to include your name and gender pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email hr****@lc*.gov or call (360) 664.1674. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
How to ApplyWashington State Liquor and Cannabis Board | . (governmentjobs.com)
54 total views, 0 today